I know I know!! Has anyone installed a trailer hitch?

Killer Cobra

Established Member
I can either sell the cobra and get a truck or just install a trailer hitch that can be removed when I don't need it. I just bought a Yamaha Kodiak 450 and need to haul this beast around. Since the Search is toast I thought Id ask everyone..

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
I had one installed on my GT. Had a hidden hitch installed to pull a jet ski around. Without the ball attached, you really couldnt see it. I am not sure about your IRS, though.

cbrtrx

Established Member
i had to have one made, because of the irs, when not used you can barely see it, try asking around at local hitch shops they can probally make you one or maybe they have one out for the irs now, i know a gt one wont fit with out some work done to it

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
wow- you must really like that quad...or not like the cobra. I sold mine for the cobra. I have too many toys. Plus they aren't being too friendly by me anymore about ATV's so I had to say fairwell.

Good Luck

trey193

Established Member
Might as well put some 10ply tires and be sure to get a trailor brake wired up!! :rollseyes Dude get a truck a beater or something!

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Wilson & Co
wow- you must really like that quad...or not like the cobra. I sold mine for the cobra. I have too many toys. Plus they aren't being too friendly by me anymore about ATV's so I had to say fairwell.

Good Luck

Florida has cracked down on ATV'ing as well. Places that have been around for 20 years are now closed. There's only about a handful of "Legal" places to go that I know of in Florida or mid to south Florida. I live off a dirt road and got pulled by 2 cops last Friday. I couldn’t believe it. Said some crap like "Florida law states that no ATV can be driven on a road. That's means dirt or paved"
They "cut me a break" and let me ride home. What a Pal.!!!

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
WOW..Well you just answered your own question..

Sell the Cobra, get a pick up to trailor your ATV..which you just mentioned you cant drive much excpet in a handful of places

or

Sell the ATV while you still can and its new, and enjoy the Cobra.

I dont know man...but maybe the Cobra was just a fad you got into..bc if you are willing to sell it for an ATV, Muscle Cars, or fast car must not be your main interest? I think you should do what you think you will enjoy the most in the long run...anyways if you decide to sell the ATV let me know, i know someone that can help you.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Towing + Unibody = Junkyard.

If you thought 800rwhp warped these unibodies, try towing around a trailer and ATV!!!!

Killer Cobra

Established Member
It's just a car. Gee wiz! I think it would look cool towing a bad ass quad. You guys are too deep into your cars. It's just to get you from a to b. Why you make it out to be more then what it is..Transportation..!!

BBriBro

Established Member
I researched this topic over a year ago and haven't come up with anything yet, If the hitch companies have the same opinion as most of the cobra owners, it's no wonder nothing is available. I too have a sport quad I'd like to tow. It weighs less than 400 lbs, and I have a small foldable utility trailer that can't weigh more than 100 lbs. I'm sure we do far more wear and tear at the dragstrip than towing 500-600 lbs will do, especially those of you on slicks !! Most people just laugh, or think your crazy, or tell you you got the wrong vehicle. Lets see, I need a winter beater for the snow, I need a pickup beater for the quad, I need an expedition for the double dates, I need a van for the R/C planes, Hmmm I need a bigger garage !!! I know there is no vehicle that can do everything, but I don't see a problem with a nice fitting tasteful hidden hitch. We are not talking about a 24' camper or a cigarette boat ! It's just a quad, (or a jet ski) there are plenty of sports cars (unibody) that pull such light loads without a problem.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
Towing + Unibody = Junkyard.

If you thought 800rwhp warped these unibodies, try towing around a trailer and ATV!!!!

Not true.

I fitted a Hidden Hitch to my '03 vert a year ago and have towed an 800lb Waverunner all over the place, no problems at all (and I don't spare on acceleration when towing!).
I kept the wiring inside the trunk and simply trail it out under the trunk lid when it's needed. The hitch is visible from behind but it looks fine. It's a talking point - "you say this has over 400hp and you can tow stuff!!".

The Mustang is rated to tow up to 1500lb (some say 2000lb) and the Hidden Hitch bolts right onto the frame rails.
I did have to drill the hitch frame out a little to match the frame rail mounting bolt holes. Called Hidden Hitch and they agreed to take a look at that for future production.

Great fun driving to the lake with the top down and a gleaming ski in tow.

Killer Cobra

Established Member
that's what I'm taking about. My Vert towing a bad ass quad. Pull up from having a kick ass ride to the trails/track then jump on my quad for some off roading fun! Life is good! You guys are just jealous your wife/woman will only allow you to have one toy! ha!

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Killer, I have seriously looked into putting a hitch on my Cobra for some of your same reasons. The hitch would be completly hidden and custom fab. If I end up doing this I will shoot you the plans.

**However, I think sub-frames would be a good idea with a mod like this**

Users who are viewing this thread