I`m new to the site and have a question about wheel spacers

newfie bullet

Established Member
I`m new to the site and was wondering about wheel spacers.I want to change the tucked look on the car.It`s a 97 Cobra with OEM wheels and 245 45 17 tires.The plan is to get new wheels but what wheel and tire size?So until then I was thinking about wheel spacers.So how are wheel spacers and will they rup the fenders with people in the back seats?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Unless you are getting bigger tires I don't think spacers will give you the look you want. Where in N.B are you?

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
one inch hubcentric spacers will get rid of the tucked in look...but you really need new wheels and tires. below is a pic of mine with spacers, then new wheels...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

newfie bullet

Established Member
I live in the Fredericton area FI-Cobra.So do you ever come over to New Brunswick?Do anyone have troubles with the wider wheels and tires rupping the fenders?Karnick Gt did the spacers make the tires rup on the fender.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
you can easily run 315's on a 10.5" wheel with no issues other than possibly the quad shock. Id say go for those.

Edit: IMO I would wait to get wheels before doing spacers however the one above does look alot better with the spacers and stockers.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I am running a 1'' spacer on my rears which were widened to 17x11'' with 315-35-17 and the fronts are 17x9'' with 275-40-17's on the front. I flipped my quad shocks and don't have any rubbing issues so far. I go over to Moncton, Miriamichi and Bathurst once in awhile. If you are over this way drop me a line.

Users who are viewing this thread