I must be stupid...

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Well I just pulled the trigger on a new 04 Competition Orange Vert. I know the problems, and I even had an 03 Cobra bought back by Ford about 18 months ago. I just can't find a better car for the price. It is 1600 miles away, so I can't even touch it. I probably won't see it for two weeks...I might die of anticipation by then.

Chameleon

Established Member
Congratulations! You just bought THE rarest color/body style combination out there. Only 72 Comp Orange verts were made.

These cars just grow on you don't they.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Why are you stupid man?? Thats a pretty rare combination, I believe there were only 72 of those made....

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by CarDude
Well I just pulled the trigger on a new 04 Competition Orange Vert. I know the problems, and I even had an 03 Cobra bought back by Ford about 18 months ago. I just can't find a better car for the price. It is 1600 miles away, so I can't even touch it. I probably won't see it for two weeks...I might die of anticipation by then.

You're not stupid... You're addicted, like all the rest of us!! :thumbsup:

Like Chameleon said, you now have one of the rarest color/body style combos out there.

I have personally never seen a comp orange vert. I would love to though.

Congrats on the purchase and sorry to hear about the '03.

You're right on the money with the "can't find a better car for the price" part :thumbsup:

P.S. Let me help you cope with the 2 week span...

What are your plans for modifications?? :-D

Last edited:

Chameleon

Established Member
I think that RIGHT NOW you should:

1. Log onto a travel site and get airline tickets.

2. Turn the computer off, pack a change of clothes.

3. Jump on the plane and get the car.

4. ROAD TRIP home!!!

:thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Chameleon
I think that RIGHT NOW you should:

1. Log onto a travel site and get airline tickets.

2. Turn the computer off, pack a change of clothes.

3. Jump on the plane and get the car.

4. ROAD TRIP home!!!

:thumbsup:

True... By the time you get home it would be WELL broken in... All highway miles too :thumbsup:

Just read this link before you drive it home:

Break-in "Secrets"

Very interesting read. He actually has visual evidence that it works too....

Last edited:

pwildbil

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase!!

Where is the car at??? I know Russ Milne ford by me had one a couple months ago!!!!! Is it new or used!!!

Maybe someone close could take a look at it for you!!!!

I

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Well the car is in Pennsylvania and I'm in Colorado. Chances are I would see bad weather somewhere in between. Plus who wants to go to Connellsville, PA . No offense, but what's there to see... I also need to keep working...I'm on a software project that seems to be going no where...so lots to do.

As far as mods...I think exhaust and CAI for sure. I will probably change the rims and tires out for an 18 or 19 inch black colored wheel. I had a 1996 Tangerine Orange GT with black mesh wheels and I thought it looked hot. I will do some suspension mods like the full frame rails and other chasis tuning. Car will be for pleasure only, so it must look and perform well, but doesn't have to be the fastest thing on earth.

rmgtc01

Established Member

Hey what color body/top did you have originally that ford bought back from you??

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
I had a Sonic Blue Coupe...it had 750 miles on it . I only had it for 2 months. If the Competition Orange was out when they bought mine back, I would have got it then.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Well the car is in Pennsylvania and I'm in Colorado. Chances are I would see bad weather somewhere in between. Plus who wants to go to Connellsville, PA . No offense, but what's there to see... I also need to keep working...I'm on a software project that seems to be going no where...so lots to do.

As far as mods...I think exhaust and CAI for sure. I will probably change the rims and tires out for an 18 or 19 inch black colored wheel. I had a 1996 Tangerine Orange GT with black mesh wheels and I thought it looked hot. I will do some suspension mods like the full frame rails and other chasis tuning. Car will be for pleasure only, so it must look and perform well, but doesn't have to be the fastest thing on earth.

Davies Ford in Connellsville is only 241 miles from me. I could go pick it up and drive it on over to ya. :-D

rmgtc01

Established Member
I had a Sonic Blue Coupe...it had 750 miles on it . I only had it for 2 months. If the Competition Orange was out when they bought mine back, I would have got it then.

I asked because my car was a buy back, and I got an awsome deal on it. I checked it out with a mechanic before I bought it.
Thought maybe I might have your car. The original owner had it up where you lived and moved down here.

I bought it with 5k on it and now has 17k with no problems what so ever (knock on wood) :rolling:
It had a front main seal leaking oil and a conv. top motor bad. The car went back to Michigan or someting to repair the engine. The owner didn't want to wait and opted to have ford buy it back. :shrug:

what was your reason for the buy back??

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
It is a known problem that high altitude Cobras have had overheating problems. My car overheated around eight times and the dealer as well as the Rep had no idea what to do...so they bought it back.

Users who are viewing this thread