I need more posts

5rand0n7

Established Member
I've had an account with SVTP for a while now but I've only ever used it for buying parts. I tend to find parts in here but have a hard time getting ahold of the members making the sales (hence the 'I need more posts' title).

I'll take this time to introduce myself. I've owned a 2000 Mustang GT for almost 10 years now. I bought it with 47k miles and it was mostly stock besides a K&N cold air, flowmaster cat-back, lowered on idk what springs they were, and tinted windows.

Since then, I've done a lot to the car and hope to double the power it is making currently and get it to hook at the track.

It's got the normal appearance mods, I switched the lowering springs to H&R SS and put in some adjustable rear shocks along with Team Z Upper/Lower Control Arms. I had the torque boxes welded in along with MM Full Length Sub-frame Connectors. It has an MGW short throw atop a built T45 transmission and a Stage II king cobra clutch. Stock 4.6 2v longblock with full exhaust and a vortech v3si supercharger bolted to the front of the timing cover and a custom mounted CX Racing air to air intercooler installed by me. It makes 404whp/397wtq on 10psi. It's been fun so far and kicks a lot of ass but I want to go faster.

I have recently purchased a new 18' manual tilt car trailer so I can take the car to the track. I plan on building the rear end in the car with a TrueTrac diff and 31 spline axles. I will weld the axle tubes also. I have a set of weld rt-s71 wheels that will go on the back with a 26x10.5x15 MT bias ply and I also have some budget skinnies for the front. I have a complete teksid 4.6 4v on an engine stand in my storage shed that will get built for more boost when the stock 2v gets tired. For now I want to see how fast it will go with the current setup. I also have a Fore Return Style fuel system in my closet that I should consider installing to run e85 and get some more power. It's currently tuned on 92 pump gas (e10). So, that's me and my GT. I hope that's post-worthy.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I've had an account with SVTP for a while now but I've only ever used it for buying parts. I tend to find parts in here but have a hard time getting ahold of the members making the sales (hence the 'I need more posts' title).

I'll take this time to introduce myself. I've owned a 2000 Mustang GT for almost 10 years now. I bought it with 47k miles and it was mostly stock besides a K&N cold air, flowmaster cat-back, lowered on idk what springs they were, and tinted windows.

Since then, I've done a lot to the car and hope to double the power it is making currently and get it to hook at the track.

It's got the normal appearance mods, I switched the lowering springs to H&R SS and put in some adjustable rear shocks along with Team Z Upper/Lower Control Arms. I had the torque boxes welded in along with MM Full Length Sub-frame Connectors. It has an MGW short throw atop a built T45 transmission and a Stage II king cobra clutch. Stock 4.6 2v longblock with full exhaust and a vortech v3si supercharger bolted to the front of the timing cover and a custom mounted CX Racing air to air intercooler installed by me. It makes 404whp/397wtq on 10psi. It's been fun so far and kicks a lot of ass but I want to go faster.

I have recently purchased a new 18' manual tilt car trailer so I can take the car to the track. I plan on building the rear end in the car with a TrueTrac diff and 31 spline axles. I will weld the axle tubes also. I have a set of weld rt-s71 wheels that will go on the back with a 26x10.5x15 MT bias ply and I also have some budget skinnies for the front. I have a complete teksid 4.6 4v on an engine stand in my storage shed that will get built for more boost when the stock 2v gets tired. For now I want to see how fast it will go with the current setup. I also have a Fore Return Style fuel system in my closet that I should consider installing to run e85 and get some more power. It's currently tuned on 92 pump gas (e10). So, that's me and my GT. I hope that's post-worthy.
Post pics of this monster. That's is a guaranteed way to boost your post count.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

5rand0n7

Established Member
MN in the house. Nice whip. Where do you race?

Thanks! I have only been to Cedar Falls Motorsports Park in Iowa. I would like to try out Rock Falls Raceway in Wisconsin this year too. I have only been to the track twice (once when the car was stock and once with the current blower setup). Now that I have my trailer, I hope to go more often. My fiance's family lives in Cedar Falls, IA so going there often and having a place to sleep after racing should work very well.

Post pics of this monster. That's is a guaranteed way to boost your post count.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I will see if I can find some to share in here.

5rand0n7

Established Member
Hopefully I'll have more pictures soon with it on the big and little setup while it's on my new trailer.

Mustang Washed & Waxed 2016.jpg
Mustang@camper.jpg
Mustang2.jpg
MustangAugust2017.JPG
MustangInTheGarage.PNG

5rand0n7

Established Member
I still have to buy the rear tires but here is a picture of the rear sitting on jack stands while I was taking some measurements under the car. It's going to be super close clearance wise. These Weld wheels have 7.5" backspacing, so I'm running into maybe touching my cat-back exhaust with the tires. Hopefully it won't hit on the rear wheel well/fender. I do have rolled fenders already. I'm thinking about plasti-dipping the front wheel spokes black to try and match the nicer rear wheels LOL

TrackWheelSetup.JPG

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Thanks! I have only been to Cedar Falls Motorsports Park in Iowa. I would like to try out Rock Falls Raceway in Wisconsin this year too. I have only been to the track twice (once when the car was stock and once with the current blower setup). Now that I have my trailer, I hope to go more often. My fiance's family lives in Cedar Falls, IA so going there often and having a place to sleep after racing should work very well.

I will see if I can find some to share in here.
Welcome. I'd stick to Cedar Falls if I were you. They don't call Rock Falls "Slippery Rock" for nothin'.

5rand0n7

Established Member
Videos...

(s10 couldn't get into 2nd gear)

(I was a little slow on the 2-3 shift on this one and let out early because the area was not the best for racing over 100mph)

5rand0n7

Established Member
Welcome. I'd stick to Cedar Falls if I were you. They don't call Rock Falls "Slippery Rock" for nothin'.

Thanks. I heard Rock Falls was under new ownership and that it was supposed to be better... Have you been there in the last couple of years? I'm curious if the quality has been any better from before.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Good point. I have not been there in probably 3 years now...my how time flies!

Do you do any shows?

If so, you should check out the show in Clear Lake, IA in August. It's a helluva lot of fun and you get to meet some great people. @1wild-horse

5rand0n7

Established Member
Good point. I have not been there in probably 3 years now...my how time flies!

Do you do any shows?

If so, you should check out the show in Clear Lake, IA in August. It's a helluva lot of fun and you get to meet some great people. @1wild-horse

Gotchya, I might check it out still then this year haha ... No doubt! Time does have a wide set of wings!

I do attend some shows from time to time, but less than before since we had our first child in 2017. I barely put 1,000 miles on the last couple Summers since he was born (priorities). I like to do the 'Mustang Run' or 'Mustang Gallop' (whatever it's called) put on by Sugar Loaf Ford in Winona, MN. They make a day out of it and go on a cruise to another place in Wisconsin along the bluffs where we eat and depart from there. Otherwise, I have done the 'All Ford Show' in the Twin Cities of MN. I'll have to look into that Clear Lake, IA one you mentioned. Otherwise, I have lately just taken the car out on nice weekends and drove nowhere specifically around town where I can let the car breathe.

Welcome, lurker!

LMAO! Thanks!

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Nice lookin car! I didn't make it to Cedar Falls once last year. Stupid life getting in the way lol. We like to hit up midnight mania nights down there to see whats running around. It can turn into a rice fest but there are a few surprises. Come on down to Clear Lake for a show, they do a bid cruise on Friday night, tons of cars. I usually watch but @Smooth has a great time driving in it. Still know your favorite part is whats at the end Todd! Lol. Place is still for sale!

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Nice lookin car! I didn't make it to Cedar Falls once last year. Stupid life getting in the way lol. We like to hit up midnight mania nights down there to see whats running around. It can turn into a rice fest but there are a few surprises. Come on down to Clear Lake for a show, they do a bid cruise on Friday night, tons of cars. I usually watch but @Smooth has a great time driving in it. Still know your favorite part is whats at the end Todd! Lol. Place is still for sale!
I might have to just watch the cruise this year...my arms still sore from throwin' candy.

5rand0n7

Established Member

Thanks! Test and Tune / Midnight Mania is all I've ever done. It kinda stinks because the track obviously gets worn down and people spill the guts all over the track from racing junk cars - but hey, that's what we get for $20 racing LOL

Other than that, it's just hard to go down the track more than 4 or 5 times due to the amount of people in line to make a pass. I'll try to remember the Clear Lake show and see if I can set a reminder on my calendar to remind myself about it.

Users who are viewing this thread