I-Phone sigs.... WHY? Really?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Why all the endless witty and sometimes less than witty I-phone sigs? And why are they in every single post?
At least forum sigs are just in the first post of each page and then they go away.

Now I am seeing for sale ads in both the forum sig and the I-phone sig at the same time.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...0-my-03-cobra-has-arrived-7.html#post10624596

It's not going to cause any loss of sleep or any additional grey hairs, but I was just wondering, does anyone else find them mildly annoying?:shrug:

Why even bother with one? It would seem the newness has worn off significantly, don't you think?

Didn't you just post what you actually wanted to say anyway?

I get the randomness and the humor inherently present in that, but it seems to me that the massive amount of redundancy has significantly eroded the impact and desired effect of the once original, witty comment.

Sent from my wireless lap top because I can.:bored:

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Its people using tapatalk and not necessarily just iphone users. Any smart phone using tapatalk has the signature feature. I do agree though, its a waste of space and most of them are "less than witty" to put it nicely.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Whatcha ya talkin bout

Sent with My Massive Johnson

2k4Terminator

Established Member
Why all the endless witty and sometimes less than witty I-phone sigs? And why are they in every single post?
At least forum sigs are just in the first post of each page and then they go away.

Now I am seeing for sale ads in both the forum sig and the I-phone sig at the same time.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...0-my-03-cobra-has-arrived-7.html#post10624596

It's not going to cause any loss of sleep or any additional grey hairs, but I was just wondering, does anyone else find them mildly annoying?:shrug:

Why even bother with one? It would seem the newness has worn off significantly, don't you think?

Didn't you just post what you actually wanted to say anyway?

I get the randomness and the humor inherently present in that, but it seems to me that the massive amount of redundancy has significantly eroded the impact and desired effect of the once original, witty comment.

I made the signature in my Tapatalk thinking it was my "signature" as anyone would see it on the forum.. I realized it wasn't changed it to my "signature" and deleted it from my Tapatalk signature... That's why it looks like that.. And I took care of it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I made the signature in my Tapatalk thinking it was my "signature" as anyone would see it on the forum.. I realized it wasn't changed it to my "signature" and deleted it from my Tapatalk signature... That's why it looks like that.. And I took care of it. Thank you for taking the time to be a complete dickhead.. go gobble on some browneye!

LOL nice knowing you. JSC is a mod.......

IIRC most the people that have them do it due to a thread that once made fun of a guy that had one (Monster-Mach I believe) that went on for days. I agree, it was funny for about a week, now its just eh, but id imagine most that have them dont even remember they are there.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member

I made the signature in my Tapatalk thinking it was my "signature" as anyone would see it on the forum.. I realized it wasn't changed it to my "signature" and deleted it from my Tapatalk signature... That's why it looks like that.. And I took care of it. Thank you for taking the time to be a complete dickhead.. go gobble on some browneye!

:lol: enjoy...

2k4Terminator

Established Member
LOL nice knowing you. JSC is a mod.......

IIRC most the people that have them do it due to a thread that once made fun of a guy that had one (Monster-Mach I believe) that went on for days. I agree, it was funny for about a week, now its just eh, but id imagine most that have them dont even remember they are there.

If he took that much time to publicly try to cut me down, then I don't understand how he is a mod... I thought a mod was supposed to make sure things go "smoothly".... He publicly was trying to make me look like a idiot... And maybe I did, but as soon as I realized it, I fixed it. And by me commenting back to him.. I'm just defending myself as would anyone else.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
If he took that much time to publicly try to cut me down, then I don't understand how he is a mod... I thought a mod was supposed to make sure things go "smoothly".... He publicly was trying to make me look like a idiot... And maybe I did, but as soon as I realized it, I fixed it. And by me commenting back to him.. I'm just defending myself as would anyone else.

I really don't think he was singling you out. There are several users on here who use the mobile signatures, not just you.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member

He didn't "Cut you down." The signature that you added, which you acknowledged, was an obnoxious for sale ad at the end of every post.

It's in my signature on my Tapatalk... Good try though??.. Just sayin!

*FOR SALE*-Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold for 5.0

70mm BBK Throttle Body w/ EGR Spacer for 5.0

MAFia Mass Air Extender w/ Stock 03/04 Mass Air for 03/04 Cobra

Per your own words you knew it was your signature in Tapatalk, after someone else was annoyed with its presence.

As for Jimmy- I don't find them amusing either. Just another "me too" digital following.

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Go to the 1st post and click the link... And tell me he wasn't singling me out?

he wasnt singling you out :shrug: Your signature didnt even say "sent from my cellular device". He may have used you as an example but was not picking on you alone.

Last edited:

2k4Terminator

Established Member
He didn't "Cut you down." The signature that you added, which you acknowledged, was an obnoxious for sale ad at the end of every post.

Per your own words you knew it was your signature in Tapatalk, after someone else was annoyed with its presence.

I know... And as I stated previously, I thought the Tapatalk signature was my actual "signature" not knowing it was a different signature. I realized it and fixed it. But when I fixed it and moved my Tapatalk signature to my actual signature it made my newly previous posts have 2 of the same signature's...

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
I know... And as I stated previously, I thought the Tapatalk signature was my actual "signature" not knowing it was a different signature. I realized it and fixed it. But when I fixed it and moved my Tapatalk signature to my actual signature it made my newly previous posts have 2 of the same signature's...

:thumbsup: See, you are able to make posts without going on the offensive and telling people off!

2k4Terminator

Established Member
And honestly I've tried several times to post the MAFia for sale in the market, and it won't post?? I've even tried to PM a mod with no avail.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
:thumbsup: See, you are able to make posts without going on the offensive and telling people off!

Maybe I'm the only one who thought he was singling me out? And when I saw that, of course I'm going to be offended and defend myself.. If it was a problem and he noticed it before I did it would've been nice to receive a PM saying... Hey! Fix this! I would've acknowledged it and took care of it.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I think the name calling is a bit much :shrug:

Sent with Riddla's Massive Johnson

"go gobble on some browneye!" lol

edited with Riddla's Massive Johnson

Last edited:

2k4Terminator

Established Member
I think the name calling is a bit much :shrug:

Sent with Riddla's Massive Johnson

Your right it was.. And I'm Publicly sorry for doing so. I posted that before I had time to calm down because I felt like someone was attacking me.. But as I said I am sorry for saying what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread