I should be dead.

SVTKorman93

Established Member
Look I'm not going to go into great detail here but I'll summarize it briefly (because the pictures speak for themselves), but long story short I was driving like an idiot today and had a very bad crash (not accident). I was ejected through the rear window while the car was flipping ass over end (roughly 6 times), was thrown around thirty feet up into the air, and I walked away with a sprained ankle a broken pinky toe (and a few bruises/cuts/scrapes).
I don't know how I'm alive but I'm glad that I am and come away from it with a completely different outlook on life.

Also, please don't criticize me for this (although I understand completely if you do anyway). I know how lucky I am, and I know how ****ing completely stupid I was being.

P.S. Absolutely NO drugs or a alcohol were involved, this was caused by pure stupidity alone.

Last edited:

SVTKorman93

Established Member
Yeah I know, I wear a seatbelt 99% of the time. But from what the EMT's and firefighters told me I would be dead if I wouldn't have been ejected.

Being stupid just doesn't pay, I'm ashamed of myself.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
the same thing happeend to me w/ my 99, my adjuster told me I was lucky I wasn't in an f-body or i would have been a goner. I guess the same can apply for you, mustangs are really well built! Good luck, and I hope you feel better! Also, this should teach you a huge lesson, people on here dont need to tell you as i am sure you learned it while at the hospital replaying it in your head over and over( i know i did). your lucky like i was, count your blessings take a couple weeks off from driving, and then hop back in albeit more carefully this time.

tj04cobra

Established Member
Glad you are okay at least. You will probably get flamed :burn: atleast 50 times by tomorrow. I would have shit my pants if that were to happen to me. We all know you did.

Planter

Banned
Look I'm not going to go into great detail here but I'll summarize it briefly (because the pictures speak for themselves), but long story short I was driving like an idiot today and had a very bad crash (not accident). I was ejected through the rear window while the car was flipping ass over end (roughly 6 times), was thrown around thirty feet up into the air, and I walked away with a sprained ankle a broken pinky toe (and a few bruises/cuts/scrapes).
I don't know how I'm alive but I'm glad that I am and come away from it with a completely different outlook on life.

Also, please don't criticize me for this (although I understand completely if you do anyway). I know how lucky I am, and I know how ****ing completely stupid I was being.

Jeez man, first off I'm glad you're ok, and it's nice to see someone take accountability for their actions when they know they screwed up, I'll give ya some props there.

but I'm gonna call bs on being throw 30 feet up in the air, because if you had, when you landed you'd have broken a lot of bones. you might have been ejected 30 feet horizontally and several feet in the air, but I highly doubt you went 30 feet straight up. I've seen guys fall 20 feet off a ladder who shattered their pelvis', and their femur's and ribs and other bones, seen a guy fall 15 feet and shatter both shins and both arms, and none of them landed on concrete, they landed on grass.

Anyways, hope you learn from this, and don't make that mistake again. you lost your car, and you'll have a claim to put your insurance at a higher rate for 3 years, and rightfully so.

did you get a ticket? careless and imprudent? reckless driving? reckless endangerment? just wondering, was alcohol or drugs involved here?

SVTKorman93

Established Member
Yeah it's definitely a lesson learned. It will be a while before I get back in a car, let alone another Mustang. My love affair with Mustangs is far from over, I just need to take it easy for now. And yeah I've been replaying it in my head from about the last 10 hours.

And no, I wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

oldmodman

Established Member
You had an Angel riding on your shoulder today.

Surviving that is a one in a million chance with only a minor injury.

I'm not a religious man, but you have been given a second chance.

Don't waste it.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Alright OP, I'll level with you. As another guy who has put a 'Stang 'vert shiny side down (with the top and windows down) and walked away (without a scratch), I know what you're going through. It'll take you a while to get back in the saddle, but that's okay. Just wait to drive until you get comfortable, less you freak out behind the wheel by trying too early. And just remember to thank God (IF you're a believer.) EVERY DAY.

Wabish

Established Member
You had an Angel riding on your shoulder today.

Surviving that is a one in a million chance with only a minor injury.

I'm not a religious man, but you have been given a second chance.

Don't waste it.

This x1000. You got a second chance. Glad you're ok.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Jeez man, first off I'm glad you're ok, and it's nice to see someone take accountability for their actions when they know they screwed up, I'll give ya some props there.

but I'm gonna call bs on being throw 30 feet up in the air, because if you had, when you landed you'd have broken a lot of bones. you might have been ejected 30 feet horizontally and several feet in the air, but I highly doubt you went 30 feet straight up. I've seen guys fall 20 feet off a ladder who shattered their pelvis', and their femur's and ribs and other bones, seen a guy fall 15 feet and shatter both shins and both arms, and none of them landed on concrete, they landed on grass.?

too many factors in the fall. 30 might be a little high, but ive fallen 20-22 feet with a sprained wrist & ankle and getting bruised up. Its all about how you fall, what you land on and how fast you are moving. I was on a dirtbike going off a jump and the bike got out from under me & i landed on grass. Im going to guess he may have as well but I dont know how the crash played out.

To the OP, Good for you taking responsibility for your actions. Be glad no one else was involved because I doubt the outcome would of been the same. Be safe out there next time. Your lucky to be in one piece.

If you dont mind, how fast were you going when you lost control?

P.S. Absolutely NO drugs or a alcohol were involved, this was caused by pure stupidity alone.

That's a miracle right there man. Praise the Lord for you still walking this earth. If you're not a believer, then I'm sure someone in your family has been praying for you man. :beer: Now go drink a case and celebrate. :rockon:

7.62x51

Established Member
Glad you are OK. Looks like God has bigger plans for you before you leave this earth, I would take advantage of it =)

Ya, I rolled my SN95 5.0 several times a couple of years ago, me and the passenger both walked away without a scratch. Mustangs are (relatively) safe cars, especially in rollovers. I too was driving stupid at the time, high rate of speed.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Glad you're alright OP. Its going to be rough the next few days... Its always hard getting into an accident at a young age. I was involved in 2. My first one wasnt as bad as the second. Some old guy pulled out infront of us in a 55mph road when I was in the passengers seat of my buddies truck. I had my seatbelt off for 15 seconds the entire trip... And in those 15 seconds, thats when the accident happened. I almost went through the windshield from the impact. I had a huge cut on my forehead, broke my hip, ruined a surgery I had on my shoulder, and lost a lot of blood. I ended up being airlifted to a hospital because I was in bad shape. Not gonna lie... It was scary because I didnt know what was wrong.

You're going to be thinking about it and replaying the accident for a long time to come. I can still picture the accident as if it were yesterday.

I still wont forget when my buddy called my mother on the scene of the accident.. And how shitty I felt, because I didnt want my parents to worry, even though I was scared shitless.

Its going to be a long recovery process. Just remember, cars are replaceable.. Lives arent. Glad you're alright. I'm still dealing with this accident today, even though it happened almost 2 years ago. I had to have a surgery on my shoulder about a month ago.

I wish you the best, and hope you have a quick recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread