I shouldn't have but I did...

Prototype007

Established Member
Haha really? My buddies runs 6.2's in the 1/8 n/a. On the bottle it's 5.5's. And it's a "street car". My old 347 stroker only made 325 rwhp and ran 7.3's in the 1/8 launching from idle. That was 7-8 years ago. Oh and I drove that car to the track and back, which was almost 1 1/2 hrs away.

What's his name? Did the car happen to run on some 26x8.5x15 and have an Induction Solutions plate kit on it?

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
:lol: The link YOU provided backs up MY statement, not yours!

:lol:
Are you retarded or do you just have a hard time reading, this is the second time i need to tell you to re read. Most said 25-28k for pristine 21-24K for good & teens for AVERAGE cars. One guy at the start says 28-35K and no one agrees with the 35K mark at all.

Also, did i say 02 wife NEEEDED to buy a factory fresh magazine example like im sure your father was searching for? No, some people do not need to go to the very very top of the price value to still acquire a very great car. Im not doubting that some out there were priced at 35K but please be clear that WAS NOT average value. That was the top dollar collector price and im sure your father was looking for a flawless garage queen 92 one that could be showed off and stand out at car shows and at the corvette club....thats going to take more money then going to find a regular example.

Summary: 35K price tag is for the collector not the average buyer. It was at-least 10 grand above the other examples and that small percentage of hoard corvette enthusiasts/collectors were willing to pay that extra 10 grand to add another Corvette time capsule to the collection. The rest were not about that life, majority out weighed the hoard enthusiasts and you see this in the link i posted. A car is worth whatever someone will pay for it...your family just values them 10 grand more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread