**I think clutch is going**

CS 1

Well went to the track again last night. Was nice conditions. About 40 degrees and not too much humidity. Waited an hour and a half to get the first run in--get up to the light and who am I next to??? Oh, just the fastest car there last night. A fully worked 66 Chevelle that runs high 8's - low 9's. Just my luck lol.

Anyways I go around the water box so I can back up and do my burnout and the starter stops me--I was thinkin--damn, there going to tell me to take it easy cuz no roll bar e.t.c.., but he was wiping down some areas that looked a little wet I guess. I do mt burn out and roll up to the line. As I'm rolling I can see a couple wet spots--so I'm trying to miss them. I stage--only at 2k and the wheels spun as soon as I started to let out the clutch. I was so pissed.

Needless to say I blew the run. So I had to wiat another hour to get the last run in. this time I literally launched at 1700 RPMS. Cut a 1.82 60 ft. lol! Ran 98mph in 1/8th (7.50)after spinning pretty damn good from 1st to second. then I go from third into fourth and MAN could I feel the clutch slip. It sucks. I have about 25 passes in the car if that (6000 miles)--but I guess I shouldn't bitch. Have not broken anything yet and the car still ran an 11.50 at 122.

I just falls down now that the clutch is slipping--it was nice when the car would "jump" into fourth.

UGhhh. I need to just get a new clutch--put in the solid and make a 10.90 pass. I swear the solid would fix so many things. the clunk, the rear end whining, the sloppiness, e.t.c.. Plus it would be sooo nice to be able to nail it in 1st and not worry about breaking anything. Anyone that has done the swap please chime in---I'm interested in knowing if ANY of the usual noises are still there. thanks everyone. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread