I think the price of ‘13-14’s is pulling back

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I think the mid 20k mile cars will be in the 48k-53k range soon. Or are they already there?
That’s slightly higher in comparison to where they were at pre Covid times. If where headed with prices softening (personally don’t think we’re there yet) with adjustment probably your range is a true accurate adjustment. Long term I can see appreciate for low mileage ones sorta like what’s occurring for 03/04 cobra now except I think we’re still 8-10 years away from seeing this on 13/14s.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Are these cars really that elevated?

I have a Recaro only ‘13 with 17,xxx miles. I assumed selling at 45K was a stretch.

Am I that lost?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I just got one on the low end of that range.

Congrats!

Truth be told, i bought mine right at the start of covid sub 50’s. The 2 personal people i know who bought in 21/22 it was in the mid/high 50’s for sub 20k miles and well optioned.

Imo, these cars will drop with the upcoming recession, then creep back. Like everything else. However, i would bet money that these will pull big money in 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
They may have flattened out but they are not dropping anytime soon. See for yourself. Numbers dont lie!

i know i aint the smartest man smokee but from over here it looks like 07s are selling for more than 08s which are selling for more than 09s...

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
i know i aint the smartest man smokee but from over here it looks like 07s are selling for more than 08s which are selling for more than 09s...
Interesting.....although I never thought to look......PS DONT CARE EITHER! If you havent caught on the discussion is about the the 2013-14 shelby's value. Which BTW.....07-12 Wont even come close to what 13-14'S will bring. I'll remind you with TOLD YOU SO SOON!!

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting.....although I never thought to look......PS DONT CARE EITHER! If you havent caught on the discussion is about the the 2013-14 shelby's value. Which BTW.....07-12 Wont even come close to what 13-14'S will bring. I'll remind you with TOLD SO SOON!!
Be nice

I remember the NUMBER 1 challenge when selling my 2011 and 2012

#1 comment from tire kickers, "well that new 5.8L has 662 horsepowers" not a typo

If I had a quarter

Last edited:

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Interesting.....although I never thought to look......PS DONT CARE EITHER! If you havent caught on the discussion is about the the 2013-14 shelby's value. Which BTW.....07-12 Wont even come close to what 13-14'S will bring. I'll remind you with TOLD YOU SO SOON!!
I couldn’t agree more with values although I believe the s197 KR will be up there with 13/14s. The thing that saves the 07-09 is many really really like the looks.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn’t agree more with values although I believe the s197 KR will be up there with 13/14s. The thing that saves the 07-09 is many really really like the looks.
Nothing wrong with 07-12 Shelby GT500's. Agree.....they are popular among shelby enthusiast and you can do alot with them if you want to modify. Now.......08/09 KR will aso bring some money in the near future and I personally would love to get the right opportunity to own a widebody one! Your right on about that @sonicx

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I remember thinking, back in May 2013, that I would hate myself if I didn't order a 14........................( 31 Aug. 2013 pic )

plumbcrazy

Established Member
2013 AVG price is 59K. You sir are on the low side. Depends on mileage/ condition
I’ve been watching/ looking diligently and there have been a couple of low/sub 20k miles verts (13-14) that are $47-52k ( usually through a private seller) but they don’t last long.
I’m going to wait it out another 6-12 months for the right car, unless it comes along sooner.
Winter is usually a good time to buy a vert IMO.
Like anything else, I might hit it right or be wrong as rain.. TBD

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve been watching/ looking diligently and there have been a couple of low/sub 20k miles verts (13-14) that are $47-52k ( usually through a private seller) but they don’t last long.
I’m going to wait it out another 6-12 months for the right car, unless it comes along sooner.
Winter is usually a good time to buy a vert IMO.
Like anything else, I might hit it right or be wrong as rain.. TBD

links to any of the cars?

plumbcrazy

Established Member
links to any of the cars?
There was a 13 red convertible in Texas with 21,000 miles.Base car. Second owner look like a really nice car . Red-not my color. He wanted $49,000.
That was within the last month. Facebook I think.That’s gone.There was a 14 in California -black at a Ford dealer. That may have had 31,000 miles and they wanted $46,700. That’s gone too. Yes I know it’s a little higher mileage than low 20s but that’s a pretty good buy I think. Once again, black isn’t really my color -I’m looking for a blue one.
Can’t send the link from the device I’m on now tooeasily but on auto trader there’s one with 29,000 miles for $51,900. 2014.
5 owners.. yikes.
They are out there. I can post them when they come up if you want me to. I look pretty much everywhere.
I just might not post any blue ones though… LOL.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
There was a 13 red convertible in Texas with 21,000 miles.Base car. Second owner look like a really nice car . Red-not my color. He wanted $49,000.
That was within the last month. Facebook I think.That’s gone.There was a 14 in California -black at a Ford dealer. That may have had 31,000 miles and they wanted $46,700. That’s gone too. Yes I know it’s a little higher mileage than low 20s but that’s a pretty good buy I think. Once again, black isn’t really my color -I’m looking for a blue one.
Can’t send the link from the device I’m on now tooeasily but on auto trader there’s one with 29,000 miles for $51,900. 2014.
5 owners.. yikes.
They are out there. I can post them when they come up if you want me to. I look pretty much everywhere.
I just might not post any blue ones though… LOL.

just curious what other platforms folks use to find cars.
I wouldn't post links as you find them

plumbcrazy

Established Member
just curious what other platforms folks use to find cars.
I wouldn't post links as you find them
If you were looking for one too, I was offering but no, I know this isn’t the place to start doing that.
I search all of the “ big name “ sale sites and Autotempest, Facebook by region etc…
Cars are priced too high when they’re listed for 6-9 months and more -you see a lot of that.
Plus, I guess, it’s a relatively small market of folks like us that are buyers/enthusiasts.
Everyone wants a “ deal”.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread