I took delivery of my 2022 Genesis GV-70 compact SUV. I love it!

quad

Established Member
Wow! Funny, because I bought my 2019 Genesis G-70 after it was voted Motor Trend's COTY. And now I bought the 2022 Genesis GV-70 and find that it's Motor Trend's COTY. I'm going to have to find a copy of the magazine.

Honestly, when I first saw them I wasn't wanting them. Then, after I watched a video explaining why they have the diamond pattern, I did a 180. They tie in the diamond patterns found on the front end and and the rear end. I really like them now. But I can understand why some would prefer something else. This photo shows what I'm talking about with the tying in of that diamond design element.
2022-Genesis-GV70-3-5T-AWD-66.jpg
I still want my mom to look at this car. MSRP is listed as 41K. Yet at a dealership I drove by they listed at 64K?! I'll see if we can take one for a test drive. I think the GV70 is nicer than the BMW X3, but she is hung up on that brand since she has always had a BMW.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Funny thing happened at Costco last night when I was buying gas. A woman pulled in behind me (Acura SUV) and commented on how nice my Genesis GV-70 looked. I said "thanks" and we chatted while pumping gas. She told me her husband just bought a Genesis G-70 (which I just sold), and wants her to trade in her Acura and buy a Genesis GV-70. LOL. I told her he'll love the G-70 going forward, and to definitely test drive a GV-70 because she'll find it superior to the Acura in so many ways. I also told her it was voted 2022 SUV of the Year. That iced it for her!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bob I seen one of these yesterday from behind I love the tail lights. What a sharp looking car! I thought it was a Porsche at first. Actually looks better than the Porsche to be honest.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Brett. Yeah, it does have a Porsche look from the rear. I get looks and complements every day. It’s in part because it really has its own unique styling, front to rear.

I went for a ride yesterday with my wife to Clinton Crossing. About 30 minutes into the drive on I95, my seat started to gently massage me lower back and then my mid-back. It has some auto sensor when I might be tiring. The gentle massage is to help keep me alert. Pretty cool.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I still want my mom to look at this car. MSRP is listed as 41K. Yet at a dealership I drove by they listed at 64K?! I'll see if we can take one for a test drive. I think the GV70 is nicer than the BMW X3, but she is hung up on that brand since she has always had a BMW.
The standard/base turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder making 300hp starts out at $41,500 before adding any packages. The Advanced package for that standard engine (includes leather seating and more) adds $8,150, with an MSRP of approximately $49,650. That gets you a very nicely equipped GV-70 complete with panoramic sunroof. A fully loaded twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 (375hp) Sport Prestige packaged model has a MSRP of $64,500.

IMO your mom would be very happy with the standard engine with either the Advanced package ($8,150) or the Select package ($4,000). The Select package with the base engine would have an MSRP of $45,500. She really should test drive one. They offer a Burgundy paint color she might like, as well as white, silver, gray, black, green, and red.

quad

Established Member
The standard/base turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder making 300hp starts out at $41,500 before adding any packages. The Advanced package for that standard engine (includes leather seating and more) adds $8,150, with an MSRP of approximately $49,650. That gets you a very nicely equipped GV-70 complete with panoramic sunroof. A fully loaded twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 (375hp) Sport Prestige packaged model has a MSRP of $64,500.

IMO your mom would be very happy with the standard engine with either the Advanced package ($8,150) or the Select package ($4,000). The Select package with the base engine would have an MSRP of $45,500. She really should test drive one. They offer a Burgundy paint color she might like, as well as white, silver, gray, black, green, and red.
Thanks for that info Bob. Genesis truly knocked it out of the park with the GV70. I really tried to convince my mom to go for it but she balked at the prices we saw at a lot. Looks like she is going to pick up a 2019 Azore Green Audi Quattro Q5 Turbo Prestige. She stopped by an Audi dealership today and saw it on the lot with only 17,000 miles for $44,000.

I then joined her back at the dealership later this afternoon and also drove it and even took a business call in the car via Apple CarPlay lol! The entertainment system is Bang & Olufsen. One really nice feature is the built-in navigation system that displays in the instrument cluster area along with digital gauges. You can also switch that out with Google Maps. Waze however can not display in that area. However Waze can be displayed on the dashboard screen via CarPlay. The car can also do parallel parking, includes 360 cameras, wireless charging, heated seats, etc.

Overall the car looks good and it is a nice color. I would have preferred different rims and it has a bit of a 4x4 look but my mom does not care about that stuff. She is absolutely in love with this car and that's all that matters.

There was a 2022 Audi e-tron at the dealership in a basement and I asked the sales guy if we could see it. He took us down to the e-tron in my mom's future Q5 and I took some photos of the cars side by side. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

I personally would have gotten a GV70. But knowing me I would go for the top model and end up spending a fortune ;) A second option for me would have been the Audi QS5 which is more powerful and lowered a bit compared with the Audi Q5.

Here is an interesting comparison between the two. In the Youtube comments it is clear that people prefer the GV70.

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
Here are pictures of my mom's future Q5 next to the 2022 e-tron. She picks the car up on Tuesday. The sales guy told me they ship all their cars in plastic bubbles / enclosures and there's a zipper door to gain entry into the car. Gas cap areas also have zipper access holes.

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4793.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread