I took delivery of my 2022 Genesis GV-70 compact SUV. I love it!

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Super nice, congrats! The Genesis brand has come a long way. Would love to have the larger GV-80 for the wife but in this market no chance. I picked up a '22 Stinger GT2 this past May and it's been flawless so far. Went from Acura to Kia and zero regrets right now.

Attachments

• DSC_9760.JPG
    DSC_9760.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9516.jpg
    IMG_9516.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9525.jpg
    IMG_9525.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9528.jpg
    IMG_9528.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9527.jpg
    IMG_9527.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9530.jpg
    IMG_9530.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9517.jpg
    IMG_9517.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 80

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Stinger GT is a great car. Same platform as my old Genesis G-70 but it is a bit longer and offers therefore a bit more rear seat room. And the hatchback makes for easier loading and unloading of things like luggage and larger items. I'm sure you're enjoying it. How often do you use the Sport Mode? Is it black?

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
The Stinger GT is a great car. Same platform as my old Genesis G-70 but it is a bit longer and offers therefore a bit more rear seat room. And the hatchback makes for easier loading and unloading of things like luggage and larger items. I'm sure you're enjoying it. How often do you use the Sport Mode? Is it black?
I usually cruise around in Eco, but, like to switch over to sport for on-ramps and passing. My upper bolsters on the driver’s seat pinch inwards when the drive mode is moved to sport; did your G70 do the same?

The color is called Panthera Metal. It’s a very dark metallic grey.

quad

Established Member
Super nice, congrats! The Genesis brand has come a long way. Would love to have the larger GV-80 for the wife but in this market no chance. I picked up a '22 Stinger GT2 this past May and it's been flawless so far. Went from Acura to Kia and zero regrets right now.
Your Stinger looks great! Kia's designs have really come a long way. I bought a 2021 Kia Soul Turbo last year and it is great and comes with all the bells and whistles. I like the size of the car for our garage.

I do plan to upgrade the garage and make it bigger in the future and at that point I would consider larger cars. But for me the Soul is extremely practical, I like the looks and it is a snappy performer. Not the fastest car on the road and certainly not the slowest either. 201 HP @ 3036lbs is not too shabby. With a tune and a few mods they can apparently make 220-230rwhp & 270-285tq.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My buddy who has a detailing business did a paint correction, polish and ceramic coating. It’s drying in his garage and I’ll pick it up tomorrow afternoon. He sent me this teaser video. I hope Scott gets to watch it and comment on my buddy’s work. He’s a master! Watch the whole video and Check out the gloss.

quad

Established Member
Holy shit that's shiny! Looks great. I'll have to get this done!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Beautiful ride Bob! Let’s see the interior
-J
I’m picking it up tomorrow afternoon from my detailing shop (my buddy). I’ll take interior photos tomorrow afternoon or Friday.

Whats the first Mod Bob? lol
I could do a tune, but I’m satisfied with 375hp, so it will stay 100% stock. I hope. LOL.

I usually cruise around in Eco, but, like to switch over to sport for on-ramps and passing. My upper bolsters on the driver’s seat pinch inwards when the drive mode is moved to sport; did your G70 do the same?

The color is called Panthera Metal. It’s a very dark metallic grey.
Right, Panthera Metal. It looks the same as my Himalayan Gray. I didn’t notice that in Sport Mode, but I’m wondering if the Stinger GT2 has different seats. Or, I just didn’t notice.
When do we get to see the front? Bob seems to be an ass man. Lol
LOL! Front, side, interior, engine bay, and rear storage coming tomorrow or Friday.

How did you go about selling your G70?
I actually sold it to my Genesis dealer. They wanted it and actually gave me more than CarMax. Until they sell it, the dealership owner is driving it. I talked to him and he loves it.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Your Stinger looks great! Kia's designs have really come a long way. I bought a 2021 Kia Soul Turbo last year and it is great and comes with all the bells and whistles. I like the size of the car for our garage.

I do plan to upgrade the garage and make it bigger in the future and at that point I would consider larger cars. But for me the Soul is extremely practical, I like the looks and it is a snappy performer. Not the fastest car on the road and certainly not the slowest either. 201 HP @ 3036lbs is not too shabby. With a tune and a few mods they can apparently make 220-230rwhp & 270-285tq.

Yes, they certainly have. They are building vehicles people want at competitive prices. I bought my Acura in 2008 and if you had told me then my next car would be a Kia I would have laughed at you. But here I am.

My buddy who has a detailing business did a paint correction, polish and ceramic coating. It’s drying in his garage and I’ll pick it up tomorrow afternoon. He sent me this teaser video. I hope Scott gets to watch it and comment on my buddy’s work. He’s a master! Watch the whole video and Check out the gloss.

What coating did you go with, Bob? I had mine done with GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra along with PPF on the entire front clip. Washing is a breeze!

If I ever need to get into an SUV the GV series from Genesis will be at the top of the list. For now, I'm really enjoying my Stinger as my commuter.View attachment 1723770

<iframe src="Rooster Teeth GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Ghost11

Established Member

Bob that is one sweet SUV. Not typically a fan of gray-silver colors but that does look very nice...........

My wife wants to trade in her Jeep G.C. so I showed her your car.....Yep we will be looking at one next week.......

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob that is one sweet SUV. Not typically a fan of gray-silver colors but that does look very nice...........

My wife wants to trade in her Jeep G.C. so I showed her your car.....Yep we will be looking at one next week.......
Cool. If she has any questions, PM me. Would she want the 300hp turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder or the 375hp twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6? The 300hp engine has decent power.

I went with the Himalayan Gray because that’s what I had with my 2019 G-70. I really like it. Which was darned close to my 2003 Cobra’s Dark Shadow Gray. Genesis has a matte gray and matte green that pretty cool but the matte paint requires extra care, including no soap when washing.

I’ll be posting more photos in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread