I want both - Track pack and Technology package in GT350

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It is not outrageous when Ford advertised this car as the most track capable Mustang ever and a standard GT will outlast it at an open track. 15 minutes until limp mode is unacceptable. It has also been shown that a tech car without cats still overheats the transmission.

It never advertised that though. They said the 350R was!
Did you buy a 350R?
Does the 350R overheat with just 10 minutes on track?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
EDIT: Ford did say the GT350R (proper) is the most track ready car they have ever built for the streets. However, they also advertise the GT350 (proper) as being a track ready car, regardless of the model. /EDIT

I didn't see any mention of it being limited to the GT350R specifically in their advertisement. In fact, they show the GT350 on the track.

In my owner's kit, I got a booklet about properly prepping my Shelby GT350 for the track and a list of track tips.

Last picture in the scroll banner shows a GT350 (not an R) on the track and it says "Shelby GT350 Geared For The Track".

http://www.ford.com/performance/gt350/

Video of the GT350 (not R) on the track. Caption says "All-new Shelby GT350 Mustang is a thoroughbred capable of tackling the world’s most challenging roads and racetracks". No mention of the R model at all.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../shelby-gt350-mustang-the-legend-returns.html

Google has tons of search results showing original Ford content advertising the GT350 for the track, not just the track pack or R.

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
They also talk about the magna ride even though it's not available on all models.

I have the tech car and it has the MagneRide. I'm not sure what GT350 wouldn't have it, as that is the system that the adjustable suspension is built on.

http://m.ford.com/performance/gt350/

This link shows the Track pack on track and the the R as race ready.

LOL That's the same link I sent you to show that the GT350 (proper) is track ready. This was the first thing I saw on the page.

GT350TrackReady.JPG

I still fail to see where Ford stated the base or tech 350 is the most track capable mustang ever.

Oh, sorry... I agree. They don't. They only say the R is the most track capable mustang. But the say they are all track capable. That what I'm getting to.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
IMG_1125.jpg
I know it is. The the base 15/16 models did not come with magna ride.

The pic above is the track pack as you can see the larger black spoiler.

It's hard to prove what's Track capable. What's the definition? Is the fusion track capable. Well yes it can be driven on track.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
With the amount of money I plan on investing in this car (if I keep it), that is a great idea. I just want to hit the track with it a few times to make sure I want to keep it. If I do, I'll pay it off and the madness can begin. LOL

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
If i had a tech pack 16 I would bite the bullet and sell it. There are buyers out there that could care less about the coolers and quite honestly, don't even know about this issue. Then, go hunting for a 17.

Tom

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I was going to buy a 17 track pack, but all of the dealers around me had $25k and $30k markup. I walked into a dealer where some friends of mine work and they offered me a 16 tech for MSRP. I was not aware of the overheating issue, so I grabbed it.

I don't know... I like all the tech package items. If I can get a 17 track pack with all the tech stuff for less than the cost of adding the track pack stuff to my tech car, I may do that.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
^^^
You're not going to unless the state allows trade in price to be taken off the full new price of the 17. CA that's a negative.
In CA one would pay 57 for the 350 then another 5.5 for ttl and you have 62.5k otd for 16.
Even if a dealer gives you 57 original msrp on the 16, the 17 will be 60 plus about 6 for ttl. In ca it would cost around 9k to upgrade and you don't get back the tax from the first purchase. All told is over 14k above the price of the car. Or over 10k more than adding the coolers.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Fortunately, that doesn't happen here, but I would likely have to private sale the current car because dealers lowball trade like a champ around here.

barstowpo

Established Member
It is cheaper to bite the $3500 bullet and but the trans and cooler kit than to take the huge $ hit and trade up to a 2017. Especially for early buyers that paid ADM. Ford still said this car was capable of occasional track use. 15 minutes of track time is not adequate. Especially when a standard GT will go longer.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Seriously class action suit, GTFO.
You bought a TECH car. Upgrade what you need to do if you want to TRACK it.
At least try it out on the track, it might hold up to your use, won't know til you stop bench racing.
-J

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I don't know about a class action suit for the shitty cooling issue... But let my shit burn down on the way to work one day because they won't replace my oil line and a lawyer is absolutely getting involved.

zombiekiller

you can add a trans cooler for less than a grand. Mine works great and drops the trans temps more than 20 degrees in 5 mins while pushing the car.

IMG_20170116_103133_zpsbbj870ke.gif

IMG_20170116_105514_zpsaem1mskz.gif

IMG_20170116_121534_zpspxkvlwza.gif

IMG_20170116_121523_zpsssftuhdu.gif

alternatively, spend the 200 bucks on a trans scoop from shelby american. I tested the scoop before installing my electric pump setup. My trans temps on the highway used to get over 200 degrees regularly, with just the scoop, they stayed between 150 and 170.

throwing money away by trading a 16 tech for a 17 is foolish in my opinion. if you dont want to do a track pack trans, there are alternatives.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Some of the problems I face are, I typically buy a new car every 12 to 18 months. I very really keep cars. So, I don't know if I want to sink a bunch of money into this one. I bought the car to use as a semi-daily and occasional track car. I am going to put the scoop on it pretty much regardless. Its cheap insurance to start with.

Street driving is okay (needs more tq). What is going to impact my decision is how the track experience goes. I don't plan on fender to fender road racing as hard as I can. I just want to run laps a half dozen weekends a year to get it out of my system and to have some fun with my friends at a track rental.

Right now, my decision tree kinda looks like this...

If I really have a good time and plan to keep the car for a few years, but don't plan on tracking the car hard or frequently, then I will put a Whipple on it and replace the trans and clutch.

If I get bit and decide I want a dedicated track car that I will drive to cruise-ins and car shows, I'll trade it for an R and add the Whipple and clutch to that.

If I hate it or finish the session and I'm at the point where I am bored and ready to move on, then I'll look into selling it and getting something else.

Bottom line is... I am just waiting for it to get warm enough locally to track it. I am working two Fed contracts right now and I am way to busy to go to FL or some other warm state to take it for a spin.

apndx

Having gotten no where with Ford, and understanding now a lot more, it seems there is a lot more that is different in the tech package and there is no plug and play solution.
I have done extensive research and have been advised that Multi district litigation that then rolls into a class action is the way to go.
I will be filing in Florida
For additional info
Contact Rachel Furst,Esq
Grossman Roth
Miami
305-442-8666

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Sure now you do your research, but you couldn't when you bought the car ?

You had three different options / models for 2016, base, tech, track.

Good luck with your lawsuit, I hope you lose and have to pay attorney fees for Ford on the countersuit.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sure now you do your research, but you couldn't when you bought the car ?

You had three different options / models for 2016, base, tech, track.

Good luck with your lawsuit, I hope you lose and have to pay attorney fees for Ford on the countersuit.

He doesn't have a leg to stand on. Or a transmission cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread