I went 12.34 @ 110 in my 2011 GT/CS W/3.31 Gears

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Car weighed 3,734lbs with a 1/4 tank of fuel and no driver. I am a fatass at 250lbs. Another base 5.0 with a manual and bigs and littles at the track weight 3,602 without the driver. Not sure why I weighed so much more than him other than the heavy ass wheels I had on.

Mods:
Driver Mod
Steeda CAI
Stteda Axle Back
Brenspeed 93 Octane Tune
Sticky tire

Actual Slip:
Reaction: .0090
60': -------- 1.8350
1/8th E/T: - 7.9264
1/8th MPH: 88.60
1/4 E/T: ---- 12.3470
1/4 MPH: --- 110.59

Options:
CS/Package
3.31 Gears
6 Speed Manual
Glass Roof
Security Package
HID's
Satin Black Tape Stripe

VIDEO (Watch it in HD!):
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9M3k9fpqlU"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT/CS 12.3 @ 110MPH 1/4 MILE PASS[/nomedia]

Ltngdrvr

Established Member
I could easily see the weight difference in your car and a base car with race wheels/tires.

All the extra content in a premium car and the extra weight of the big pedestal wing and side scoops compared to a base car with light weight wheels and tires. All could easily add up to the 132 pound difference.

cobra199711

Established Member
Nice run and nice driving! How do u like the Steeda axle back? does one of the other exhaust vendors make it for them? thanks

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Nice pass, and the weight difference could be the glass roof? Maybe more reinforcement?

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Wow! Nice Run! What RPM were you launchin' and shifting at? What kind of tire?

Chris

That launch was at 4500 RPM.

Nice run and nice driving! How do u like the Steeda axle back? does one of the other exhaust vendors make it for them? thanks

I think the axle back sounds good. I have a sound clip on my youtube channel. I heard Borla makes the steeda exhaust. But I am not sure that is true.

Nice pass, and the weight difference could be the glass roof? Maybe more reinforcement?

It could be. All I know with my fatass in it the car weighed nearly 4k lbs.. So I was happy with the pass haha.

Last edited:

Driver72

Established Member
Nice ET's

Yeah I was going to say some of that extra weight is the glass roof and the CS package.
I know others have said Ford reports the Glass Roof option adds 28-30 lbs, but I find that hard to believe personally.
Most sunroof options in cars add 40-50 lbs depending on size.
Glass is heavy!! And in order for it to be as strong as a thin layer of steel or aluminum would be the glass needs to be pretty thick.
Ever lifted a mirror or a piece of 1/3" thick glass the size of that glass roof? It aint 28 lbs that's for sure.
The Premium Package probably adds 20-30 lbs over a base GT
I guessing the add ons from the CS package add another 20 lbs
The glass roof is probably really 50+ lbs more especially if it needs extra reinforcements.
Then your wheels/tires you mentioned probably add another 20 lbs.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Well I am going back to the track with bigs and littles next week. I will see if I can improve and be the fastest 6 speed w/3.31's I know about..

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Nice ET's

Yeah I was going to say some of that extra weight is the glass roof and the CS package.
I know others have said Ford reports the Glass Roof option adds 28-30 lbs, but I find that hard to believe personally.
Most sunroof options in cars add 40-50 lbs depending on size.
Glass is heavy!! And in order for it to be as strong as a thin layer of steel or aluminum would be the glass needs to be pretty thick.
Ever lifted a mirror or a piece of 1/3" thick glass the size of that glass roof? It aint 28 lbs that's for sure.
The Premium Package probably adds 20-30 lbs over a base GT
I guessing the add ons from the CS package add another 20 lbs
The glass roof is probably really 50+ lbs more especially if it needs extra reinforcements.
Then your wheels/tires you mentioned probably add another 20 lbs.
the "glass" roof is a giant piece of plastic, not glass. ~30lbs is VERY realistic IMO. sunroofs have actual glass, an electric motor or two, steel slide rails, a steel frame to help reinforce the roof some, etc.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
Good time!

I had the Steeda catback on my 2003 GT and I know it was made by Borla, I don't know about the one for the 2011.

I checked the video on your channel because I'm considering the Steeda again for my 11 GT, do you have any vids of driving or making passes? Thanks!

Driver72

Established Member
the "glass" roof is a giant piece of plastic, not glass. ~30lbs is VERY realistic IMO. sunroofs have actual glass, an electric motor or two, steel slide rails, a steel frame to help reinforce the roof some, etc.

Ahh did not know that it was plastic.
That explains the ~30 lbs, and is probably correct then.

5.0jake

Established Member
Gear swap and powertrain warranty

Hey new around here and just in my Speed 3 for a new 2011 cobolt blue 6 speed GT witht 3.31 gears and am loving it other than the gears and cheesy base steering wheel.

I have a question about swapping my 3.31 gears for the 3.73's and warranty.

First off I know that generally the answer may vary from service dept to service dept and the aftermarket part needs to be cause of the damage to void that part of your warranty.

What I want to know is other than the rear end is there any part of the tranny or engine a service dept could blame damage caused by the gear swap or is my engine and tranny safe? I can deal with a voided rear end but nothing else.

I called 2 service depts and one said no problem other than the rear end. The other said the transmission could possibly be voided and definately the rear end which I cant believe since this can come from the factory with 3.73 gears installed :rolleyes:

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Hey new around here and just in my Speed 3 for a new 2011 cobolt blue 6 speed GT witht 3.31 gears and am loving it other than the gears and cheesy base steering wheel.

I have a question about swapping my 3.31 gears for the 3.73's and warranty.

First off I know that generally the answer may vary from service dept to service dept and the aftermarket part needs to be cause of the damage to void that part of your warranty.

What I want to know is other than the rear end is there any part of the tranny or engine a service dept could blame damage caused by the gear swap or is my engine and tranny safe? I can deal with a voided rear end but nothing else.

I called 2 service depts and one said no problem other than the rear end. The other said the transmission could possibly be voided and definately the rear end which I cant believe since this can come from the factory with 3.73 gears installed :rolleyes:

If you buy ford racing gears and have the dealership install them your warranty will still then cover everything.

5.0jake

Established Member
I just need to find dealer in the baltimore area that will do this. I asked one and they refused

5.0jake

Established Member
I agree and really want these gears swapped. I got 3.31's because I got a pretty sick deal (27.4k) before tax and tags and waiting for a $500 rebate. They wouldnt do this at this price for a base model and 3.73's. Not just simply adding the $300 3.73 option.

Users who are viewing this thread