I will forever hate Halloween

snakeraper11b

Established Member
To add insult to injury, just got the estimate back. For painting the hood, fenders, doors, quarter panels, trunk, 1 mirror, and 1 rear sail, the roof, and replace the windshield, 4200, minus 500 deductible....3700, seriously? Can't wait to see how good that job looks....smh

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Sounds like they're painting almost all of the car. So that doesn't sound that far off to me.

Zemedici

Established Member
That's a decent price for a full respray basically. I say keep it, and see how much it'd cost them to just paint the entire car so they don't have to blend.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
That sounds about right, there should be minimal prep time considering this is just a straight respray.

Get it done, enjoy the car, and move on. People are assholes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why do people sink to such depths of jealousy and stupidity? Hope the person who damaged your good looking Cobra in some way pays for their rotten deed.

Right now you're emotionally upset and that's totally understandable. But you've put a lot of time and money into your car and it is fixable. You have a $500. deductible. File a claim with your insurance and tell your agent you want it fixed right. Then find a shop that will treat your car with respect and fix it properly. When you get it back.....you'll be smiling again. Don't dump your car over the damage done by some classless idiot. Take a deep breath, relax, and then after you're settled down make your final decision. I'd just hate to have to look back in a couple of months and wish you had kept it. JMO.

shurur

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
I know you put a lot of thoughtful work into your ride.
Don't let the situation cause you to make a rash decision.
Let the insurance take care of her.
Post pics up when she's done.

Users who are viewing this thread