Ian McCormack and The Lazarus Phenomenon

7.62x51

Established Member
Amazing. Gives you a fresh perspective on life.

[youtube_browser]llHxCI4IkAk[/youtube_browser]

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
im sure that the anti venom had nothing to do with saving his life LOL.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
One man survives a jelly fish attack and God is amazing.

NINE MILLION children under the age of 5 die globally every year on average and God works in mysterious ways.

The morality of Christianity can be summarized in one word:

NARCISSISM

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
signaturesvt.aspx

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Wurd2 it seems like this thread has turned off your must resist posting system lolol.

gamebred26

Established Member
Maybe if the people in the Philippines were more religious …your God wouldn’t of wiped so many of them out…oh wait.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
I'm not sure who's more irritating, the Secular Humanists or the Jesus freaks.

I understand your point and sympathize with it to an extent. The clash however is something I think is absolutely necessary. Religion simply has no business whatsoever in driving geopolitical decisions and determining education content outside its own context.

At the end of the day, this is what it comes down to:

In the scope of recorded human history, only until very recently has the public announcement of disbelief in God not incurred a swift and violent death at the hands of the religious. In fact, there are areas of the world today where such an announcement would incur the same penalty. Now that religion has lost so much ground over the centuries, it comes to us with this ingratiating smile and plays innocent.

I think not, religion.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Regardless if you do or don't believe the guy's story it was still a pretty amazing ordeal he went through.

The universe is full of unknowns, to be absolute in one's view point, regardless of how well the argument is articulated, is the short sighted position to take.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
In the scope of recorded human history, only until very recently has the public announcement of disbelief in God not incurred a swift and violent death at the hands of the religious. In fact, there are areas of the world today where such an announcement would incur the same penalty. Now that religion has lost so much ground over the centuries, it comes to us with this ingratiating smile and plays innocent.

I think not, religion.

Excellent point. :beer:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Regardless if you do or don't believe the guy's story it was still a pretty amazing ordeal he went through.

The universe is full of unknowns, to be absolute in one's view point, regardless of how well the argument is articulated, is the short sighted position to take.

i know what you are saying and the story is pretty amazing.. but let me ask you this... do you believe that if he would had stayed home god would had saved him? :shrug:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I would rather aim for heaven and miss, then aim for nothing in the afterlife and hit it dead on.

Some people just dont believe in the afterlife. I just cant believe in an after life it just does not process in my brain. I could be wrong which i doubt but even if i wanted believe i would just be lying to myself. what that guy experienced in the video was not the afterlife. It was the all mighty powerful brain trying to make sense of a shitty situation.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Some people just dont believe in the afterlife. I just cant believe in an after life it just does not process in my brain. I could be wrong which i doubt but even if i wanted believe i would just be lying to myself. what that guy experienced in the video was not the afterlife. It was the all mighty powerful brain trying to make sense of a shitty situation.

Yea, your right. An atheist almost dies and just happens to have an incredible vision of Jesus, in heaven - sees the great city and speaks with Christ Himself - and it is just his brain playing tricks on him.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Yea, your right. An atheist almost dies and just happens to have an incredible vision of Jesus, in heaven - sees the great city and speaks with Christ Himself - and it is just his brain playing tricks on him.

ofcourse. ignorance is a beautiful thing. when you are about to die the brain will release a beautiful cocktail of chemicals. beautiful memories. events that could be completely made up and.. people confuse this with visions of heaven and of god..

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Rainmaker said:
An atheist almost dies and just happens to have an incredible vision of Jesus, in heaven - sees the great city and speaks with Christ Himself - and it is just his brain playing tricks on him.

If he grew up in India surrounded by Hindus, his vision would have concerned the monkey god Hanuman.

If he was a Viking, his vision would have concerned Wotan.

If cows could paint, they'd paint the gods as cows.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That's exactly what it is. Your brain has an amazing imaginative capacity. Why are people that hear voices and see hallucinations institutionalized, but this guy simply had a religious experience?

i cant blame the guy. like i said before ignorance is a powerful and beautiful thing. and when i use the word ignorant i don't mean it as an insult. not many people know how the brain works. not that i am a brain expert but i read alot and i am fascinated by everything science so the brain is something that interests me.. if i had a near death experience and i see angels and strange lights and what not i am educated enough to realize what happened and not automatically say that i saw heaven and god.

Users who are viewing this thread