IATS and E85

gearhead08

Established Member
This is about GT500s. I assume 03/04 cobras are similar but if you have any information regarding to GT500s this is what I am catering my question to...So I have heard of people raising their overall timing like I have to 22 degrees at WOT with E85, but when does everyone start pulling timing? What IAT does your car get to before it happens and how aggressive does it pull it? I would assume its higher than gasoline, but how much higher? All inputs would be greatly appreciated and will more than likely benefit in the overall tuning of my car here shortly.

Thank You,

Mark

ctgreddy

Established Member
I have mine starting at 175. But I've never Had mine get over 145. The trouble is that e85 cools everything down, but it doesn't have any effect until everything is in the cylinders. So it's past every sensor, therefor we won't know how much it actually helps. I've heard of a lot of people turning that feature right off when running e85. It's got such high resistance to detonation that it doesn't require pulling timing.

gearhead08

Established Member
Thank You for information. It is greatly appreciated. My tuner right now has my car pulling .2 degrees at 100 and goes up from there to 125 then a different table after that he said. I think that is stock. My car trapped 132 on my old tune from a different tuner and less mods now it has full exhaust and lower pulley and can only muster 127mph in cool weather. I am kind of annoyed.. i think I am going to go to another tuner because he seems to be giving me grief he said IATs are IATs e85 is not a cure all...... he was suppose to be the best of the best around here but he knows jack shit when it comes to E85. I even asked him before I did this if he knew what he was doing. Oh ya oh ya. I have tuned hundreds of these....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread