ICE Mustang to end by 2028

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the part where it says “some boomers will be upset”. So they are implying that boomers are the only ones who care about ice? I think they’re going find out real quick that was a huge miss in there research.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I’ll believe it when I see it but it’s certainly sooner than we think.

They will sell just not folks like us.
This will be right around when people with 8 year old Teslas and Mach Pees realize they need to re up $50,000 in batteries to keep their vehicles on the road. I wonder what vehicle they choose after they see that bill?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
This will be right around when people with 8 year old Teslas and Mach Pees realize they need to re up $50,000 in batteries to keep their vehicles on the road. I wonder what vehicle they choose after they see that bill?
Yep! However, when you have folks like YDBT and others who have boners over EVs you know they will sell to people who don’t care about the character of the cars we drive. It’s new, fast, technology filled. I work guys who love cars and love EV tech and want EV cars. These are the people that will buy these.

The one saving grace that might prolong it are the elections in the next 10-15 years. If they go rhino/dem then yeah we will have to have personal gas stations in our garages in order to drive our cars.

When the govt hands out money for certain products, companies would be stupid not to take advantage. It’s not their fault, it’s ours…we voted all this in. Oh well. Life moves on…

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When these EV's are sitting around on the lot, rotting, the tree hugging, climate change nut swingin car manufactures will say to each other..........."Who's idea was this? DUH!!!
Oh, they'll sell a lot of them, but there are a couple of big issues that could very well lead to lots of EVs indeed sitting on lots. First, the $7500 tax credit only applies to a select small list of EVs. Second, the cost of the mid-upper end EVs is expensive and beyond the reach of MANY Americans. Add to that the cost of a garage charger. So many people who want a new vehicle are going to find they're more out of reach than the current ICE selections. Third, the infrastructure isn't able yet to handle long distance trips in an EV.

In a couple of years we're going to see stronger hints of what's to come on the consumer economic side.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Oh, they'll sell a lot of them, but there are a couple of big issues that could very well lead to lots of EVs indeed sitting on lots. First, the $7500 tax credit only applies to a select small list of EVs. Second, the cost of the mid-upper end EVs is expensive and beyond the reach of MANY Americans. Add to that the cost of a garage charger. So many people who want a new vehicle are going to find they're more out of reach than the current ICE selections. Third, the infrastructure isn't able yet to handle long distance trips in an EV.

In a couple of years we're going to see stronger hints of what's to come on the consumer economic side.
I don't think Uncle Sam and friends cares about any of this. We see the aforementioned as real issues while "they" likely see them as features that assist their agenda. While we're analyzing the practicality and convenience of EVs, they're salivating at the thought that the pesky, evil middle class will be handcuffed.

fangstang

Established Member
From the bottom of my heart, these losers pushing this EV crap on majority of us that dont want it and those losers that are bowing down because they're given money behind closed doors to make these pansy, hippie cars, can suck my dick right after I **** their mothers!!!

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I remember getting an oil change at my local ford dealership talking to one of the salesmen when the new 2015 models came out. He was telling me Ford was phasing out the v8 5.0s then and would only be available for a couple more years, and that the ecoboost and v6s would be available in N/A and supercharged options. I laughed in his face and called him an idiot and walked off. Never saw that guy again so i assume he quit or got fired.

V8s aren't going anywhere anytime soon, there's way too many people who still desire them. Now, there quite possibly will be a price increase, and the government will start taxing v8 vehicles heavily to push their bullshit green agenda. That's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread