ICE Mustang to end by 2028

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can't blame Ford, they just raised the price of the Lightning by roughly 7k which coincidence or not is around the same as the new tax incentive. Basically, the government is giving them 7k on top of whatever built in profit they have for every single truck they sell.

That's not a new tax incentive. It's been here, just extended.

Blown 89

Established Member
What's the average annual cost to charge an EV every night? Anyone have any idea?
It depends on how much you drive. I calculated the numbers for my Volt if I were to charge the battery from 0 to full daily (50-60 miles of range) and it worked out to $28 a month using a combination of my industrial power plan at work and the "super off peak" plan at home. I have the car programmed to charge during the "super off peak" hours at home using a standard 12amp socket and I top it off at work using our 220.

The savings more than outweighs the costs of cell replacement for the Volt. The same can't be said for other EV's due to the way other cares regulate and use batteries. Chevy nailed the Volt in that regard IMO. I know the Leaf is a disaster because it doesn't actively regulate the battery.

You can be damn sure the cost of EV charging will skyrocket as we phase out of ICE usage and the power grids are stressed.

All of that to say that I haven't noticed much of a change in my power bill.

Blown 89

Established Member
Save your cash fella's, this will be coming here when everyone starts realizing EV's are trash and don't buy them at the rate the government and Greta think they should.

I had an offer in 2009 to work my dream job in Australia. I turned it down because of their firearm laws. I'm so glad I stayed here. No amount of money is worth living in that fascist shit hole.

VegasMichael

Established Member
How many as a percentage of total units?
There's only six chargers for 130 units; however, many of the apartments and all of the town homes have garages. The guy next to me charges his from his garage. I just drove by the office and not one of the chargers was being used.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
There's only six chargers for 130 units; however, many of the apartments and all of the town homes have garages. The guy next to me charges his from his garage. I just drove by the office and not one of the chargers was being used.
I suspect no level 2 chargers in the garages?

VegasMichael

Established Member
I suspect no level 2 chargers in the garages?
I don't really know anything about chargers so I don't know what you mean by level 2 chargers unless you mean residents who live on the second floor? If so, I live on the second floor and have my own private garage beneath me.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't really know anything about chargers so I don't know what you mean by level 2 chargers unless you mean residents who live on the second floor? If so, I live on the second floor and have my own private garage beneath me.
Those are the ones that will charge quicker than 8 hrs for the 110v stuff. I assume they don’t have these. Was just curious.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Those are the ones that will charge quicker than 8 hrs for the 110v stuff. I assume they don’t have these. Was just curious.
Yeah, not sure about any of that. But my neighbor charges from his garage so whatever he's got is working.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The move to all electric (and completed switch from ICE in the not to distant future will result in a ton of automotive industry job losses.

Quote from that article. "UAW leaders have expressed concern that electric vehicles will mean fewer manufacturing jobs, and more jobs dispersed to non-union battery and EV hardware factories." That "concern" is well founded.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
The move to all electric (and completed switch from ICE in the not to distant future will result in a ton of automotive industry job losses.

Quote from that article. "UAW leaders have expressed concern that electric vehicles will mean fewer manufacturing jobs, and more jobs dispersed to non-union battery and EV hardware factories." That "concern" is well founded.
Lmfao. It’s a good thing these UAW peeps don’t support the ones pushing ev’s. Union Proud. Lmfao.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Remember when I said the government was going to end ICE vehicles? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
So, when ICE Is gone and phased out, what replaces the Gas Tax, which is supposedly used for road maintenance?

Battery and a mileage tax. With the electronic tracking of today, the commie ****s will know if you moved that coal burner a **** hair, and then charge you for it.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member

The move to electric at this stage will obliterate our economy entirely IMO.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
apartment buildings and HOAs will eventually get mandated to have chargers installed for homeowners/residents. of course, they will pass the cost on.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

they can learn to code!

didnt pretty much every union support brandon? (not necessarily the members). they always support the dems who promise them more of the fat. the union leaders are just wannabe politicians looking out for their own cut of the grift.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
apartment buildings and HOAs will eventually get mandated to have chargers installed for homeowners/residents. of course, they will pass the cost on.
May be right but they will be a big shortage of new units. We added 6 to a recent large development. The power requirements were ridiculous. Even assuming rent rates go up to absorb the cost, it will be daunting, if not impossible to overcome the basic engineering.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
May be right but they will be a big shortage of new units. We added 6 to a recent large development. The power requirements were ridiculous. Even assuming rent rates go up to absorb the cost, it will be daunting, if not impossible to overcome the basic engineering.

the gov overlords dont care. just make it happen! if you have to tear the building down and rebuild it, so be it. you'll make double the money!

and dont forget my cut!

Users who are viewing this thread