ID1000 install problems

t660

Established Member
I'm converting my N/A 2011 5.0 to run on e85. I was going to go with 47lb injectors until I found a crazy deal on ID1000s.

I got the old injectors out easily enough, set the new ones, and started putting everything together. I ended up breaking one of the bolts that holds the fuel rail. :mj:

I called a ford dealership and they are ordering one for me, it will show up wednesday. I did however find a bolt that would suffice and got everything installed.

Tried to start it up and it turned over for a second and died. Tried it again and it wouldn't turn. Stopped trying for fear of damaging anything.

Now it's late and I'm tired. I'm not in the mood to tear everything down again and do it over right now.

Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas of what the problem is?

t660

Established Member
Your tuner will need to adjust the tune for the new injectors.

You know, I just thought of this before I checked back. I hadn't loaded the new tune before I switched them out.

I have a bama tune that I was going to use until I could get to my local tuner. Unfortunately the tunes are written for the wrong device number so I'm going to have to wait a while until I can get an updated one.

But just to cover extra bases, is there anything else that might be the problem?

jn2

Established Member
You know, I just thought of this before I checked back. I hadn't loaded the new tune before I switched them out.

I have a bama tune that I was going to use until I could get to my local tuner. Unfortunately the tunes are written for the wrong device number so I'm going to have to wait a while until I can get an updated one.

But just to cover extra bases, is there anything else that might be the problem?

No, ID1000's will be spraying a whole lot of fuel compared to stock. swap your stock ones back in until you get your tune

corepwn

Established Member

Wrong injector data has an IMMEDIATE effect on your cars behavior. Right now it's flooding the cyls with fuel thinking the injectors are about 1/3rd the size they actually are now.

Users who are viewing this thread