ID1050X or Detchwerks 95lbs

weider1717

Established Member
I thought there would be a lot of threads on this only one really has some content. So, as I make my order up with lethal for supporting mods for the new 2.9 whipple on the way which do you suggest?

From what I understand they're both bosch injectors with the ID1050X being modified? and tested more in depth..??

it's a $699 vs $1040 price difference will I see anything better with the ID1050X's or a waste of money.

thanks

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
How much power are you trying to make? ID1000 will work fine and cheaper than the id1050.

I have no experience with the detchwerks.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Both should work as advertised at WOT. The better injector will be the one that can do a better job of metering fuel more efficiently in the low range if it's a street car. If you're more street than strip, ask you tuner which does a better job. I've been running Injector Dynamics for over 5 years and they've worked as advertised.

Last edited:

weider1717

Established Member
Thanks guys,

I will keep it 700rwhp or less for a long time probably. I don't think they make ID1000's anymore though.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
There is a reason nearly every Mustang tuner in the country recommends the ID's over other brands and its not for the price. There are numerous injectors that will work. Not just the two u mentioned but the fact is just about every single fast Mustang on the planet uses ID.

I thought there would be a lot of threads on this only one really has some content. So, as I make my order up with lethal for supporting mods for the new 2.9 whipple on the way which do you suggest?

From what I understand they're both bosch injectors with the ID1050X being modified? and tested more in depth..??

it's a $699 vs $1040 price difference will I see anything better with the ID1050X's or a waste of money.

thanks

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys,

I will keep it 700rwhp or less for a long time probably. I don't think they make ID1000's anymore though.
No, I believe the 1050 replaced them, but they do turn up used from time to time. You can also send them in to be cleaned and flow tested. I had ID750s on my car before I did my build.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Installed ID1000s several years ago, and street driveability has been perfect while keeping up with fueling demands of my Whipple car at WOT with the stock fuel pumps. ID1050x did replace them and are more suitable for E85.

You have multiple threads about your new Whipple setup, so I’ll comment here. CAI and MAF sensor housing, throttle body, and fuel injectors all play a huge role in good street manners if that is important to you. Other forum members have advised you to ask your Tuner what setup they recommend and have had success with tuning for your desired results, same here and I can’t stress that enough.

Stangra

Established Member
Check with your tuner & consider any future changes first. I installed DW95's 8 months ago when I got a tune for my Roush TVS. Pulled 'em out 2 months ago when I switched tuners for an E85 tune. New tuner told me "We don't tune with the DW injectors on the coyote, the data is not correct". Now running ID1050's. Want a set of barely used DW95's?

Last edited:

Willie

Established Member
I needed injectors a couple of years ago. You cannot beat the ID's as far as performance and consistency. I know they produce a super quality product, BUT IMHO, they cost way too much. I refuse to pay anywhere near $1000 for a set, much less more than that. So I bought the DW's. No issue whatsoever in the time I have used them (two years now).

I tune myself, so I played with the data. The result was this >> I ended up using the ID1050 data with the DW95's. Works great...

Last edited:

Calico Shelby

Established Member
So, what injectors are sufficient for a Whipple 2.9 setup that will only see street usage and 700hp max? Will a bap and stock 47lbs Do the trick? Thanks.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
So, what injectors are sufficient for a Whipple 2.9 setup that will only see street usage and 700hp max? Will a bap and stock 47lbs Do the trick? Thanks.

With proper tuning, stock fuel pumps will provide enough pressure for 700rwhp when combined with ID725, ID1000, and ID1050X fuel injectors. Kenne Bell kits use stock injectors with a boost-a-pump at the same power level, so yes that will work also. Most other Tuners would like to see a larger injector and likely a fuel pump booster also. To save you money and achieve the best results for your application, ask your Tuner.

Calico Shelby

Established Member
With proper tuning, stock fuel pumps will provide enough pressure for 700rwhp when combined with ID725, ID1000, and ID1050X fuel injectors. Kenne Bell kits use stock injectors with a boost-a-pump at the same power level, so yes that will work also. Most other Tuners would like to see a larger injector and likely a fuel pump booster also. To save you money and achieve the best results for your application, ask your Tuner.

PM-Performance

Established Member

This!
My car made a touch over 700whp on pump with stock pumps/kB bap/725’s

SaTxGT500

Established Member
my 2011 cobra put down 701 with my 2.9 whipple on a mustang dyno with 13/14 56 pound injectors, vmp boost a pump, and stock fuel pumps.

69b302

Established Member
ID publishes all their injector data so tuners can put directly into the tunes. There is really no “tuning” with ID, which is why most tuners prefer them :).

PM-Performance

Established Member
ID publishes all their injector data so tuners can put directly into the tunes. There is really no “tuning” with ID, which is why most tuners prefer them :).
FIC is another good one. Lund has publically said they take the same data as ID and a considerable amount less money.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
DW 95s were factory on the last Coyote factory Cobra Jets.
I’d run whichever is cheaper.
Unfortunately many shops push whichever brand has the highest margin.
That said, IDs are top shelf, but ID, FIC, DW all are about equally effective to me.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread