idle issue after WOT deceleration...?

Chuckie B

Established Member
First off it did this twice last August a few months after I bought the car...then never did it till a week ago or so...

I went wot in 2nd&3rd...when im comming to a stop the car will idle up to about 2k and idle down till the car almost stalls out? And repeats untill i start driving again.

If I drive thr car around town the car acts fine...I've changed the plugs, cleaned mass air & filter...it didn't act up for almost a week so I thought I was fine. Tonight It did it again..

Anyone have any ideas? I can post a video if needed

Thanks.

Chuckie B

Established Member
Yea. I don't understand why it did it last year...went away and now its randomly doing it again...it has to be getting a bad read of air or idk...it was really humid lastnight so idk?

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
While your at it check and clean the IAC. Did you happen to have the A/C on when this happened?

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Okayy I will..and no the ac was not on..

I'm having a similar problem but I narrowed it down to my tune. There are dashpot settings in the tune that need to be adjusted. I had the car tuned by a guy in Rochester and I am not happy, so I just purchased the SCT PRP and going to tune it myself. I am from Buffalo by the way but have worked/lived in Rochester.

Chuckie B

Established Member
I'm having a similar problem but I narrowed it down to my tune. There are dashpot settings in the tune that need to be adjusted. I had the car tuned by a guy in Rochester and I am not happy, so I just purchased the SCT PRP and going to tune it myself. I am from Buffalo by the way but have worked/lived in Rochester.

Yea I would not trust anyone in this area to touch the tune on my car...was it wilsons performance or adam mar?...u can pm me if u don't want to bash them..
. I might put it on a dyno here just to see what the cars doing but trailer it elsewhere if a retune is needed

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Yea I would not trust anyone in this area to touch the tune on my car...was it wilsons performance or adam mar?...u can pm me if u don't want to bash them..
. I might put it on a dyno here just to see what the cars doing but trailer it elsewhere if a retune is needed

PM sent

03Steve

Established Member
Yep. Spark transition between the borderline table or spark under decel table to idle mode. Minimum spark clip at idle and idle spark gain get a mention too. Easy to log. Grab spark source and spark. Also grab IAC duty cycle while you're at it.

Users who are viewing this thread