Idled perfect went to work came back won't start...

99S_V_T

Established Member
Like the title states loaded a base tune on the car from bama JUST to get it to idle while I wait on my tune from justin @ vmp, just accounted for MAF and fuel changes and idled only (car never moved, no load, period). Started it up, idled flawlessly, let it idle for 2-3 mins, shut it off. Fuel was at 14.7-15.6 AFR at idle. Came back later, added 4% fuel on the handheld just to richen it up a tad for some idle data logs. Reflashed it, car won't start. Changed back to default fuel on the handheld, re-flashed, same result, reloaded the base tune onto the handheld from the tune on the computer, reflashed, won't start.... Car has fuel and spark, plugs look perfect (except for the fuel that's not being burnt from the attempted starts).... What in the hell is going on? Ideas? Vacuum lines are all connected, frps is working......

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
How do you know the FRPS is working? What pressure is it reading when trying to crank? Have you checked your fuses ?

99S_V_T

Established Member
Datalog of fuel during my attempts: key to run :80 psi spike as fuel primes, key to start: 40-45 psi modulations as injectors pulse, key back to run drops off to nothing (pprv delete so when the pumps stop fuel just drains back) injectors pulse fine during start up, cylinders are getting fuel. I don't even know what fuse to check since it's getting fuel and spark...:shrug:

99S_V_T

Established Member
Got it figured out, had an issue getting it started originally, soaked the plugs, replaced the plugs, updated the tune and she fired right up. Thanks for the help everyone.:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread