If vacationing in Europe would you want to visit Pripyat/Chernobyl Nuclear Plant?

Would you visit Pripyat, and see the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jroc

Established Member
Just wondering. I've thought it would be neat to see.

If you don't know the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is were the biggest nuclear accident ever happened on April 26 1986. One of it's reactors blew up spreading a bunch of poisonous nuclear radiation over a large area especially when it got into the clouds. Pripyat was the town built to house the plant workers and their families. It's been abandoned since the disaster, and has become a fairly popular tourist destination. If you've seen the movie"Chernobyl Diaries" then you will know what I'm talking about.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell yes, in a heartbeat, I would go to Chernobyl, and tour the plant.

I'm betting that doesn't surprise anyone, does it?

Just wondering. I've thought it would be neat to see.

If you don't know the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is were the biggest nuclear accident ever happened on April 26 1986. One of it's reactors blew up spreading a bunch of poisonous nuclear radiation over a large area especially when it got into the clouds. Pripyat was the town built to house the plant workers and their families. It's been abandoned since the disaster, and has become a fairly popular tourist destination. If you've seen the movie"Chernobyl Diaries" then you will know what I'm talking about.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I thought the movie was pretty stupid. But I've always had a huge interest in Chernobyl stuff. I'd go there in a heartbeat if I had the chance.

Jroc

Established Member
Hell yes, in a heartbeat, I would go to Chernobyl, and tour the plant.

I'm betting that doesn't surprise anyone, does it?

Look I done caught me a Snover with my Snover bait thread!!! :banana:

I think another thing that would be neat to see in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone would be the old Duga-3 array that transferred the Russian Woodpecker signal for years that would broadcast itself over radio's all over the world. I was reading about it the other day.

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Well played, sir. Well played, indeed.

Look I done caught me a Snover with my Snover bait thread!!! :banana:

I think another think that would be neat to see in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone would be the old Duga-3 array that transferred the Russian Woodpecker signal for years that would broadcast itself over radio's all over the world. I was reading about it the other day.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
it would be interesting. But if given the chance to see other places in Russia, I'd drop Chernobyl in a second, a nanosecond.

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
haven't seen the movie but I have been fascinated by Pripyat for a long time. i wish google would do a street view of the city.

i read somewhere that a group had been doing tours, but stopped because it was so quiet and eerie that it spooked a large percentage of the people.

Coiled03

Established Member
I've love to, but I ain't going without a geiger counter or something to at least give me a warm fuzzy that I'm not cooking my insides.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I go to Europe a lot and would be curious to see and tour Chernobyl/Pripyat. Ukraine, however, is in a bit of turmoil right now and still seems a bit sketchy. If I were doing something in Eastern Europe then yes I would go. Futhest "East" I have gone is Prague, and I would love to make my way further East and into Russia.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I find it fascinating, but i'm not sure i'd visit anything radiation filled voluntarily.

give me some super awesome radiation protection suit, and i'd explore some stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread