If wrapper 93's are bringing $30K or so? what happened to this one??

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
At 10K+ original miles, I would have thought that this one would have gone to $25K, maybe $27K if the market is $30K for wrappers. Instead it is just now bringing what it did when it was new, 14-15 years ago. Yes, it has a tag bracket on the front bumper which is not desirable to some, but that is a $500 fix to do it right, no big deal. I was truely surpised that this 10K 1993 Cobra only went to $20K+, its a leather and sunroof car, black is a good color, the car appears to have a good amount of original paperwork. Why only $20K+?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=130106551807&rd=1,1

R

Speedfreek

Established Member
Would that not be about right Robert? It would have probably done near 22k if it weren't for that tag bracket. I mean it is similar to the trend I have seen on R cars. Take for instance a 93 R, Rman has sold wrappers with under 100 miles for 50k+ the 5500 mile on he had brouhgt 40's and the 62k mile one that just sold brought 30's granted the mileage doesn't hurt an R near as bad. So you figure a wrapper 93 with under 1000 miles is a 28-30k car, a 2000-9000 mile car is a 24-27k and then cars that have passed the 10k mile mark are 20-23k. I have a standing offer of 25k for my 6k mile teal car but don't want to sell it because I am afraid when I go looking to replace it I will have to settle for a 10k+ mile car for the same money.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Speedfreek said:
Would that not be about right Robert? It would have probably done near 22k if it weren't for that tag bracket. I mean it is similar to the trend I have seen on R cars. Take for instance a 93 R, Rman has sold wrappers with under 100 miles for 50k+ the 5500 mile on he had brouhgt 40's and the 62k mile one that just sold brought 30's granted the mileage doesn't hurt an R near as bad. So you figure a wrapper 93 with under 1000 miles is a 28-30k car, a 2000-9000 mile car is a 24-27k and then cars that have passed the 10k mile mark are 20-23k. I have a standing offer of 25k for my 6k mile teal car but don't want to sell it because I am afraid when I go looking to replace it I will have to settle for a 10k+ mile car for the same money.

It could be, I did not realize that the price spread was so great for miles on these cars.

Yes, I did notice that the 65K mile 93R sold. $30K or so was its firm price if I remember correctly. That puts the lower mile cars way out there. I recently have been offered $43K for my 380 original mile 93R. This was a buyer/seller who made the offer. I would guess that they would resell it for closer to $50K, maybe more? I declined, it is not for sale at this time.

R

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Damn...you have a 93R with 380 miles? How ofen do you actually drive the thing? You got pics?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
About 6 months ago there was one on Ebay with 8K miles that had a "buy it now" for $17k and it didn't sell.

I think it just depends on the time of month and color/options, and how detailed pics and history of that vehicle is.

Speedfreek

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
About 6 months ago there was one on Ebay with 8K miles that had a "buy it now" for $17k and it didn't sell.

I think it just depends on the time of month and color/options, and how detailed pics and history of that vehicle is.

If I recall correctly that car didn't have much of a description and the seller had no feedback and very few pics.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
suaveflooder said:
Damn...you have a 93R with 380 miles? How ofen do you actually drive the thing? You got pics?

I'm sorry, I have driven it 16 additional miles since I last looked. It now has 396 miles, almost to the big 400. The pictures that are outside were taken when I first bought it, in 2003. It had 178 miles on it at that time.

Picture921.gif

Picture920.gif

DSCN2800.gif

DSCN2802.gif

It only does the "car show thing". I have a Simpson childs seat on the passenger side for my 5 year old baby girl. Since this is the only R with no air bag on the passenger side, she rides in that car usually. She says, "Go Fast Daddy, go Fast!!"

R

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Freakin' beautiful man. Let me know the next show you plan on taking that to. I've yet to see a 93 R in person, and would LOVE to.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I have never seen a 93 R in person either and I want one.

If I bought one though, I would not resist the urge to put a few k miles a year on it.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
I have never seen a 93 R in person either and I want one.

If I bought one though, I would not resist the urge to put a few k miles a year on it.

^^^That is what my next door neighbor says, "How can you NOT drive those cars?" I say three words, "very young children". I currently do not have time to do much of anything other than sleep, work, eat and raise a 2 and 5 year old with my wife. One day (hopefully) it will be different, but it isn't today.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Slow95Cobra said:
i wouldnt wanna drive it for the simple fact of someone running into it. thats a sweet R though man

Thanks.

Yes, I feel that way also in traffic, in any of the cars, but especially in the 00R, it seems that everyone has to slow down and look at it, which I don't mind as long as they are also paying attention to their driving.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Robert,

Is that tractor behind the R used to push start it because of the dead battery?:poke:

No actually the lead hanging across the drivers side headlight keeps the battery "at the ready". The mower is very carefully pulled in behind whatever car is sitting there at any given time. It just happens to be the 93R right now. That mower is good for mowing, but not much for pulling. My sloped driveway is for dead battery issues. :thumbsup:

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
SinisterSTANG said:
What does " wrapper " mean in reference to these cars? Like BRAND NEW condition???

Plastic wrappers still on the seats, plastic still on the carpet, stickers still on the windows, mark-all markings still on the windows, basically as it arrived at the dealership before it was dealer prepped. When the car is dealer prepped, the wrappers/stickers are removed.

R

Users who are viewing this thread