Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 39 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boatcop1

Established Member
What would it be?

Lets assume you need a vehicle that you can drive year round. You want something that is aways fun to drive, comfortable, handles good and makes good power.

The obvious picks are the EVO and STI. What else you got?

I'll add a gratuitous poll because people love the gratuitous poll.:beer:

slynch68

Established Member
I would drive my raptor if I couldn't drive anything else. On a 8 hour drive the seats are the most comfortable you'll ever sit in. Put a supercharger on it and you have more power than you need and the truck can go anywhere

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
My GT500. That's why I bought it. I'm with blueboss197, Screw practicality. But slynch68's Raptor is a very close second.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
For all around performance and practicality I'm torn between the SRT8 Cherokee, TBSS, and Excursion Diesel 4X4.

The STI's and Evo's are great if you are still in "Boy Racer" mode (I'm on my 3rd STI right now). But what about if you have a family and kids? What about going on a road trip, or going to a classy hotel or restaurant? Or a classy job? Don't you want something that has some presence? Something that doesn't scream you are a early 20 something with no responsibilities?

95kobrah

Established Member
Audi S4 (or RS4 for people with more money than me haha)

-4 door convenience
-All wheel drive
-6-speed manual
-DOHC V8

1hot281

Established Member
modded STI Wagon

great handling
AWD
Rallycar-like off-road performance
room for the family and shopping
4-banger = decent fuel economy
japanese = fairly reliable and cheap to maintain

a daily driver that can rip from a stoplight, tear up a twisty road, smash through rain, mud, and snow, take it up to the mountains to ski or out camping, fit a small family and rear full of luggage... and none of the headaches of a high dollar euro-wagon. Plus a pretty unique look and nice interior with great seats. Still small enough to make parking easy. Far less "boy racer" than the sedan with the shopping cart wing.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
modded STI Wagon

great handling
AWD
Rallycar-like off-road performance
room for the family and shopping
4-banger = decent fuel economy
japanese = fairly reliable and cheap to maintain

a daily driver that can rip from a stoplight, tear up a twisty road, smash through rain, mud, and snow, take it up to the mountains to ski or out camping, fit a small family and rear full of luggage... and none of the headaches of a high dollar euro-wagon. Plus a pretty unique look and nice interior with great seats. Still small enough to make parking easy. Far less "boy racer" than the sedan with the shopping cart wing.

Yup- I love my STI wagon (older Japanese version) but I gotta tell you- modded the fuel economy isn't that great. But that's not why I got the car.

boatcop1

Established Member
Wow some really decent choices in here. I love the Jeep SRT8 and TBSS. I've been looking at Raptors as well. The fuel mileage is iffy but I'm not too concerned about mpg's. I will be buying a car or truck this spring and just trying to get ideas.

If I could find a a CPO S4 in my price range i would be done! Love those cars.

Still entertaining the 5.0 but living in the Northeast it may not be the best fit for me.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
Money not being an issue, I'd take a Porsche cayenne turbo s with a 750hp tuning kit on it.

Money being an issue, probably a v8 Audi rs4 avant (wagon) with that supercharged kit by I forget who. (550hp).

1hot281

Established Member
Yup- I love my STI wagon (older Japanese version) but I gotta tell you- modded the fuel economy isn't that great. But that's not why I got the car.

Not that great compared to stock, but how's the fuel economy in general if you keep out of boost most of the time? Compared to other cars with similar performance?

SVTPete83

Established Member
My very own raptor has my vote as well. Best vehicle I have ever owned and a blast to drive every day.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Not that great compared to stock, but how's the fuel economy in general if you keep out of boost most of the time? Compared to other cars with similar performance?

It's a hard comparison because it's ALL city driving that we do here. Plus the octanes available are different. We get low 20's. It's pretty stock though- cat back exhaust, and intake- nothing crazy. Plus it's a 2.0 STI- not a 2.5.

My 2nd 04 STI had everything- turbo back exhaust, boost control, tune, intake etc etc- except stock turbo..... I got mid teens but I drove it pretty aggressively.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread