If you do the doobie .. you might want to read this ...

Troponin

Established Member
It could kill you in 24 hours and the pot heads would still defend it. Nothing to see here.

That is what we would call a strawman argument. It decreases the intelligence of a debate.

The funny thing about studies is that they must be replicated, peer reviewed, and be well controlled. This study is anything BUT well controlled. What other social habits did these people have? Smoking cigarettes? Alcohol? Other drugs? The study fails to weed out any of those MAJOR factors. Pun intended. We can go as far as to say that a large % of people in these countries already have high blood pressure too.

This is an extremely poor study I general. Studies like this get shot down 100% of the time down the road because of the lack of controls etc. I work in both the medical and the health and fitness fields, and we see garbage like this routinely. It's what makes the health and fitness world such a shit show

This doesn't prove causation even remotely

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
That is what we would call a strawman argument. It decreases the intelligence of a debate.

The funny thing about studies is that they must be replicated, peer reviewed, and be well controlled. This study is anything BUT well controlled. What other social habits did these people have? Smoking cigarettes? Alcohol? Other drugs? The study fails to weed out any of those MAJOR factors. Pun intended. We can go as far as to say that a large % of people in these countries already have high blood pressure too.

This is an extremely poor study I general. Studies like this get shot down 100% of the time down the road because of the lack of controls etc. I work in both the medical and the health and fitness fields, and we see garbage like this routinely. It's what makes the health and fitness world such a shit show

This doesn't prove causation even remotely

Uhh, no. A strawman argument is one that tries to refute the findings of the study by redirecting to some other point. I'm not trying to refute the study. It's garbage, and I think we all know it. I was simply making an observation about the typical responses we see from pot heads about ANY study that even remotely suggests that weed might be harmful. THAT is what decreases the intelligence of a debate; refusal to even acknowledge the opposing position.

jaxbusa

Established Member
Meanwhile I can spray some cancer causing roundup all over my lawn on a windy day next to a daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just like you to have a pissy aditude , i just consider the source ....

The point was you have, at best, anecdotal evidence. High blood pressure doesn't really have many symptoms you can feel just walking around. Just because you and all the users you sell to don't feel worse, doesn't mean it didn't make your blood pressure worse. Plus that is not nearly the sample size one needs.

That being said, this is a garbage study.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It could kill you in 24 hours and the pot heads would still defend it. Nothing to see here.

635956835210320463476921629_fast-times.gif

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Uhh, no. A strawman argument is one that tries to refute the findings of the study by redirecting to some other point. I'm not trying to refute the study. It's garbage, and I think we all know it. I was simply making an observation about the typical responses we see from pot heads about ANY study that even remotely suggests that weed might be harmful. THAT is what decreases the intelligence of a debate; refusal to even acknowledge the opposing position.
You kinda gotta come up with a study that's not laughable first. Then maybe you can get them to pay attention. With all the other harmful shit that is legal, it's high time the government let it go already. This isn't the 1930's anymore. Tax the **** out of it and then the government and the public can both appreciate their own type of green.

SirShaun

Established Member
The cheapest vacation you will ever take. I could just see destressing at the end of the day, being very healthy for folks. Stress is the #1 killer right? A little **** it in your system when you get home isn't going to hurt anything.

When I'm retired, I hope it's legal. I'll be a log head. Buy a yacht with a flag saying "chillin the most."

I don't like that the I don't give a shit goes into the next day. A hangover of sorts. My motivation is just shit the next day. That might of been stranded out by now, who knows what that dank will do to you.

Last edited:

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread