If you don't have a Aeroforce Interceptor shame on you!

Cos

Established Member
CNF series=standard Ford CAN bus gauge

CAN = Canadian?

CAN (controller area network) bus is a communication language used in VW first and other cars have adopted it. Instead of using a single wire for a single sensor it piggy backs and uses actual frequency modulation to be able to tell what each spec was.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_area_network[/ame]

Just a question on these things. What is the difference between single and dual? I assumed it means one read out over two but the single shows a photo of two readouts. Lol

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Glad I found this thread before I ordered Autometer gauges. I want just one gauge and this def looks to be ALL I need. Good stuff!

Driver500

Established Member
I would love to run this gauge, but when the conversation came up at the shop there happened to be two customers who ran them and both had issues. I'll want for a more reliable solution.

Cobra84

Established Member
So I bought the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge from Lethal Performance for my 2003 Cobra and have not installed the gauge yet due to a question. I am wondering if any of the svtp family can help me out. The gauge came with the OBD2 connector which goes from OBD2 to the back of the gauge but what confuses me is there is a seperate connector that has 3 small wires maybe 13"s long with a connector on one side and nothing on the other. I see a spot on the back of the gauge that this connector could plug into but I am unsure of what the wire endings connect to. I got the basic kit and none of the extra sensors like Air/fuel or fuel and such. Can some one enlighten me on if my car needs this 3 wire connection?

The directions manual says some cars need it and some cars do not.

Last edited:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
So I bought the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge from Lethal Performance for my 2003 Cobra and have not installed the gauge yet due to a question. I am wondering if any of the svtp family can help me out. The gauge came with the OBD2 connector which goes from OBD2 to the back of the gauge but what confuses me is there is a seperate connector that has 3 small wires maybe 13"s long with a connector on one side and nothing on the other. I see a spot on the back of the gauge that this connector could plug into but I am unsure of what the wire endings connect to. I got the basic kit and none of the extra sensors like Air/fuel or fuel and such. Can some one enlighten me on if my car needs this 3 wire connection?

The directions manual says some cars need it and some cars do not.

It is for hooking up the external sensors. If you don't plan on using any, you don't need it.

Cobra84

Established Member
Thanks. I ended up concealing all the wires and plugging the OBD2 connector in and the gauge came on. I am a bit perplexed however due to not being able to find a read for fuel pressure. Actually that was the main reason for buying the gauge. I asked on the Aeroforce forums and a rep let me know that the Aeroforce would show fuel pressure from the OBD2 connection. Any other members run into this?

gabe1530

Banned
love mine.
DSC00421.gif

hyelife2

Established Member
Love my aeroforce guages. I have the dual setup and since I monitor charge temp I was able to know that my heat exchanger pump went bad before doing any damage.
Worth every penny. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread