If you had fatal disease and months to live would you..

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
If you had 3 months to live due to fatal disease where there is absolutely no chance would you terminate yourself and how?

My wife just showed me a tribute video of a young man in his early twenties married with a son.
Surprise young man you’re now diagnosed with cancer, they told him 3-4 months max. I watched him go from 170lbs to 80lbs in a 5 minute video to a grave. My wife is in the death business so we see death on a daily and many ways.

Got me thinking if I ever got diagnosed with terminal disease. I’d save my family the trouble and heart ache. I would have my fun for several weeks with my family until the disease symptoms began to wither me. At that time frame I’d know to expire myself. I would do it in such a fashion i could still be viewed open casket for my family. I would use an 18g needle and self phlebotomy myself until passed out. Obviusoly with a large liquor drink in one hand while draining. Simple, painless and effective. I’m not suicidal but I’m a realist. Why put your family through all pain, agony of in and out of hospital visits and hospital bills.

Life insurance is a gamble some void and some don’t if you terminate yourself.

I love life to the fullest but depressing as all hell knowing someone has to wipe your ass and walk you to your grave basically. Thoughts? Am I out of bounce here?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I would fight until I could fight no more in hope of beating whatever disease had me in its grasp. I would spend every second possible with my family, and I would live every moment as if it were my last.

This is how we should be living life now. The truth is, you may not be here in the next 5 minutes, the next day, or the next year. You cannot predict when you will take your last breath.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Until that situation is a reality there’s no way to know for sure what I’d do...but I think I like Revv’s plan. Every second is a blessing. Every minute you spend with your loved ones has meaning. This would be an extremely difficult time for all involved, but in the end those last days are still days to be together...days to learn from each other...and time to show how much you love each other.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
But who was death business?
My in laws own a funeral home, wife works there full time. Death on a daily brotha
Until that situation is a reality there’s no way to know for sure what I’d do...but I think I like Revv’s plan. Every second is a blessing. Every minute you spend with your loved ones has meaning. This would be an extremely difficult time for all involved, but in the end those last days are still days to be together...days to learn from each other...and time to show how much you love each other.
I would fight until I could fight no more in hope of beating whatever disease had me in its grasp. I would spend every second possible with my family, and I would live every moment as if it were my last.

This is how we should be living life now. The truth is, you may not be here in the next 5 minutes, the next day, or the next year. You cannot predict when you will take your last breath.

Great posts and very well said gentleman.
Very positive thinking almost changes my views reading yours.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I my friends , am dying .
Got who knows for sure , how much time .
So far the doctors can only guess I contracted this disease at birth .
I guess that is all you can expect from some one that spend so much time and money , to learn a skill , and it is still practicing .

I have studied my symptoms , and it appears that I have that disease called human .
Death is part of it .

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I would not self terminate. I would enjoy every last freaking moment of my life.
Damn the bills, damn the car payment. Id be at the drag strip every night I could go. Id take my woman and hit up a few strip clubs and end up at a nice Irish pub.

Id get a pound of the dankest dank, buy a black label Roor bong with ice pinch and enjoy the company of my family and friends. Tunes? Id start the record collection Ive been toying with. Dark Side of the Moon, Down on the Upside and Ride the Lightning on heavy rotation.

Life is a wonderful, amazing gift. Being blessed with living in the first world is another gift I cant be thankful enough for. Id enjoy it until I took my last breath and got ready to meet my maker, so to speak.

FJohnny

Established Member
When I was a younger chap I suppose I felt as you do, 01Jes. And, like you, I really believed I would be "doing the right thing" for those who would survive me. I'm not sure about that anymore.

We may be able to guess the benefits to ourselves in taking ourselves out. But can we even have any chance of guessing the longer term effects on those we leave behind? How many times have you heard someone say, "I'd give anything for just another moment with (fill in the blank here)."

Who can guess the lasting effects of inspiration you can provide others from your showing grace, dignity and ultimately bravery as you face the end. One way teaches to give up, the other teaches to soldier on in the face of adversity.

And, at least in my case, I might be so unlucky that the day after I did myself in they would find the cure and the unchecked lottery ticket left in my wallet would be the winner. Well, at least my wife would be happy with my decision.....

I just read over what I was about to post. What absolute bullcrap. I'd do myself in for sure....

All the best and hope you don't have to decide anytime soon.

Machdup1

Established Member
I’m statring a go fund me account where I make up a carefully crafted story about the traffic nature of my demise and how I need money for treatment. Then I will use that money to live my last days living lavishly, banging supermodels two at a time on top of a mountain of blow.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I’m statring a go fund me account where I make up a carefully crafted story about the traffic nature of my demise and how I need money for treatment. Then I will use that money to live my last days living lavishly, banging supermodels two at a time on top of a mountain of blow.

How do I donate sir?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I was with my old man the last three days of his life. He felt strongly about where he was going when he left this earth, just as I do. He died a horrible death with cancer. I was right beside him at the end. Pretty much awake at his bedside the last three days.

It wasn't until the last day, when he could no longer leave the bed, and could barely speak, that he said to me, "Son, I'm ready to go."

A week earlier we had discussed our mutual lack of fear of death because of our convictions, so I was surprised when he said, "I'm ready to go" so late in his awful battle there at the end. I was reminded of one thing he said to me a week earlier. He said, "You know son, our Creator puts a very strong survival instinct in us. If somebody takes a swing at us, we duck. We jerk our hand back from a flame. We instinctively protect ourselves, and we seek to survive."

It was then I understood when he was nearly in a coma and close to death why he said to me, "I'm ready to go." He wasn't giving up till the very end. And not because he was such a strong man, but because it is simply our instinct to survive.

Last edited:

CV355

_
Established Member
I would find out once and for all what happens when you mix copious amounts of laxatives and stool hardeners.

awful knawful

Established Member
Watched my mother in law suffer the last two months. Drowning in her own fluids, eyes wide open. Saw her last breath. Has to be an easier way, both on the person and also the family.
Cancer Sucks!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

This! Great comments brother!

I know that a crippling disease is horrible, and there might be circumstances where ending the life is justified. And sometimes doctors prolong life when perhaps they shouldn't (ie. when they are testing drugs and procedures, which happens).

I'll add a question to the OP. Do you think that taking your life would not be an equal blow to your family? A better choice would be to continue to share your love for them to share every remaining moment with the ones you love and who love you. My son-in-law died of a fatal brain disease over two years ago. In the last month of his life he was often not conscious of those around him, or at least didn't appear to be. But, during the entire year after his diagnosis he battled the disease HARD and actually lived about 6 months longer than was predicted by his doctor. There were tears of emotional pain cried by us all many times, and there were tears of joy many times as well. We cried, and we laughed. We encouraged, and we stood together. We loved together!

Bottom line is that we will never forget those moments and we're so happy we got to share them with him. His strength in the battle with the disease also has had a huge impact on me, my wife, my daughter, and their 3 daughters who are now 19, 21 and 25. They are all stronger than they've ever been and KNOW how to persevere, to love, to appreciate, and how to push forward to their life and personal goals. They can it 'Dragon Strong'. Their last name. So I just don't see how taking ones life is a more positive decision than pressing on to enjoy the time you have together (time your family deserves to share with you).

VegasMichael

Established Member
My students and coworkers would never forgive me for taking my own life. Especially the kids--who I constantly encourage to never give up. I would probably liquidate all my assets and get a small apartment near my doctors. Something with a water view. Something with an elevator. Something near a liquor store.

Users who are viewing this thread