If you were starting over...would you choose a Mustang again?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I thought it would be a tough move, going from my Cobra to the Miata, and for the first season it was seriously frustrating. Mike Skeen's comments are resoundingly true.

Going into my third season, and I am a top contender in my TT class, and I feel like I'm getting at least 85% of what the car can give me. The last 15% will have to come from driving my ass off....as even micro errors in a Miata will destroy lap times.

Still, I am amazed when I get into a student's car like a Corvette or Viper, and see how easy it is to go seriously fast.

Maybe some day I'll be back in a V8 track car.....but I doubt it. :) I'm having way too much fun getting loads of seat time for pennies instead of dollars.

TroyV, did you pick up an already built spec miata or did you build your miata up from scratch? i've seen the NA spec miatas selling for $7k-$10k with everything (spare wheels/tires, pads/rotors, etc.) which seem to be a good deal.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
TroyV, did you pick up an already built spec miata or did you build your miata up from scratch? i've seen the NA spec miatas selling for $7k-$10k with everything (spare wheels/tires, pads/rotors, etc.) which seem to be a good deal.

Not speaking for him, but there is a thread on here somewhere from when he bought it. I think it was pretty close to being a completed car.

For that matter another bang-for-the-buck car is a competed e30. Mid-pack SpecE30s go for 7-10k as well. Top 5 SpecE30s will cost you 10-15k.

-Kevin

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Totally agree on the E30.. They are brilliant cars to drive on track.

My car was built to the limit of the rules for my class when i bought it. There is so much stuff out there that someone else has already put the time and cash into. There is no reason to build another track car again.

All I did was do the maintenance and replace stuff I broke.....which wasn't a whole lot.

If I were to buy another Miata for the track, it would most likely be a retired MX5 cup car.

Users who are viewing this thread