If your an animal lover.. I need your prayers

AngelOreo

Special
Established Member
Last night around 11pm I had to put my cat Angel to sleep. She was suffering since Friday and I was hoping she would turn around. Last night was the final straw so we took her to VCA in Newark. I know it was the right choice..although I don't feel like it right now. We believe it was Intestinal lymphoma or stomach cancer that finally did her in. I never ask for this.. But I could really use some prayers right now. Thank you.

For those who don't know my screen name was named after her and my other kitty..

I was extremely close with her.. and now she's gone.. I haven't

I haven't stopped crying since took her. I was with her the whole time.. It was not easy.. but I can;t imagine not being there.

No one likes Drama.. but I could really use your prayers.

convert03cobra

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your loss. My dog is my best friend and I love her like a family member. I couldn't imagine how I'm going to feel when she is gone. My prayers go out to you.

Chris@BAP

Established Member
I lost my dog of 16 year last year and was the hardest decision we had to make, but she had cancer too. The best thing to do is wait a few months and get another cat. I thought I did not want another pet after m dog, but getting a new one about a year later was the best choice I could have made.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Damn man, that sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I know how you feel. I had to put our cat Scruffy down on December 8th this year. He had FIV and was doing fine up until about the 7th..then by late evening on the 8th he was struggling to breathe. We took him into the emergency vet thinking that it was just something minor, we'd be out a few bucks and bring him home....

That wasn't the case. His entire chest had filled with fluid, and they couldn't tell us why. The vet even told us if she drained him, that he might relapse inside of 24 hours...so we decided to let him go. Basically, the poor little fella had no immune system left, and they couldn't give any assurances as to whether or not he could even recover from the surgery. I can honestly say that I never want to have to do that again, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Anyway, from someone who just went through this...you have my condolences.

BLOOWN03

Banned
Sorry to hear about your loss!! Same thing we had to do..about 2 years ago. our cat of 19 years we had to put her to sleep..she always hated to go to the vet...But it was different this time..we took her she was @ peace..she had faut cancer for a long time & Lost lots of weight & now wasnt eating and couldnt hardly walk..I still remember after that last shot of doctor gave her..she looked up @ us and then she was gone:(!! WOW!! still brings tears to my eyes!

Just remember it does get easier..In time..Take care..& I'm sorry

Thanks Jeff

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
sorry for your loss. My dog is 15 1/2 now, and is not getting around as good as she used to. I am dreading the day when I have to do what you did. Pets are not animals, they are family, and it hurts just the same to lose them. Take care!

ponynx

Established Member
sorry about your cat . my cat is 17 years old and so far shes still ok , but i too am dreading that day that will eventually come............my cat has been with me through good and bad times , when i had my back surgeries and when i was just having a bad day. pets make us smile and pets make us mad, but they are always there for you. and never judge .

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Sorry for your lose! It's especially hard when you get an animal young or have had it and seen it grow. I'm sorry

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Always wondered where your screen name came from Jimmy. Pets are definitely part of the family, and it's never easy to lose family. You could never make that kind of decision about a member of the family unless it was the right thing to do. Don't forget that.

My prayers, of course...

CobraCleric

Youngblood
Established Member
Also sorry to hear of your loss. We had something very similar with our dog last year. Its hard and does get better, albeit very slowly.

AngelOreo

Special
Established Member
Thank you all so very much. She was such a big part of our lives.. it was very very hard. I know it would have been purely selfish to keep her alive. As Jeff, Bloown03, said, it's like she had been trying to tell us for a few days. We knew when we took her she was not coming home... i think your heart always knows.. but just use our brains to overpower us and think things are fine. She was about 14ish lbs in June.. and when she passed.. she was down to 5.9. We knew even with treatment she was probably to frail.

At any rate.. it's nice to have someplace to go and talk to folks.

Thank you all so much.

Much love. JimmyG

TRBO VNM

very sorry to hear about this. I dread the day I am in the same position with my dogs. why can't they all just stay young.

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
Very sorry to hear about this. I'm very close with my dog and bird and dread the day. My prayers to you and yours.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread