Im back w/ more bad news, broken MMR Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

96vertsnake

Established Member
That first piston probably created a hot spot on the top part therefore more prone to detonation/melting which happened when they turned the boost up..

Yes, and I don't want to confuse people with this picture as to the current motor problem. I just want to point out that in MMR's "final response" they held up this piston as evidence it wasn't their fault and that it is similar to the current problem. However, they failed to mention that picture number one in their response is the same piston that was struck by the valve and they decided not to replace it.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
That first piston probably created a hot spot on the top part therefore more prone to detonation/melting which happened when they turned the boost up..

Yup exactly what I was going to say. All it takes is for a sharp edge or burr left on there from their grinding and or valve damage to create a hot spot that starts glowing and boom pre ignition and melt down.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
This thread makes my stomach turn in knots. I've had shops seriously screw me over and it really does drain your soul at times.

Thanks for the updates, I think it's safe to say we all feel for you and hope it turns out for the best!

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
SVTP used to have such good vendors and now all of them seem to be thieves

RIP Posi

This situation sucks but I don't think its right to call them thieves, I'm pissed also, lets just go easy on the name calling though, I would appreciate it thanks.

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
4k for a junk motor sounds like robbery to me

to put this into perspective on how a REAL company handles a situation like this. I bought a built FTI Th400 for my car, it broke. They paid my tuner to pull the trans and re-install the new trans. My car had 36 hours of downtime, we called said the trans died, they said to bring the trans up to the shop and either they will fix it while we wait or they will give me a new one.

Last edited:

jmstekguy

Established Member
2004CobraDynoSheet14PSI.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i grabbed this off another thread you had posted in, and you may want to as the tuner why the filter value is at 99 (max) even at that filter value that afr is wonky...not trying to cause and drama, as them for the same print out with the standard 6-15 filter value, it may scare you...

03kevo

Established Member
SVTP used to have such good vendors and now all of them seem to be thieves

RIP Posi

r2qfh.gif

God damn, Brian died? May the Load rest his soul in a good place. Damn that guy ported some of the worlds powerful eatons.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
God damn, Brian died? May the Load rest his soul in a good place. Damn that guy ported some of the worlds powerful eatons.

I think he meant more about Posi's recent fall from grace after a few denied warranties, not to mention the whole torque plate/lightened rotor debacles, which were certainly a mess.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
i grabbed this off another thread you had posted in, and you may want to as the tuner why the filter value is at 99 (max) even at that filter value that afr is wonky...not trying to cause and drama, as them for the same print out with the standard 6-15 filter value, it may scare you...

I can always ask the tuner about it, thing is, when i got this tune the car was running perfect. Excellent drivability and lots of power. This tune is when the comp valve spring broke, other than that the car was a rocket ship.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think he meant more about Posi's recent fall from grace after a few denied warranties, not to mention the whole torque plate/lightened rotor debacles, which were certainly a mess.

umm pretty sure it was rip posi bc now all people have left is steig...POSI shut it down to spend more time with his family. Steig is the one catching hell

jmstekguy

Established Member
I can always ask the tuner about it, thing is, when i got this tune the car was running perfect. Excellent drivability and lots of power. This tune is when the comp valve spring broke, other than that the car was a rocket ship.

so heres the difference of the two filter values, this was a car that came to my shop for a dyno check, this is not our tuning, just to show you what is done to make a tune look good and hide deficiency's

first is filter value of 99 (max)

dyno2.jpg

second is filter value of 3 (actual raw data)

dyno1-1.jpg

there may be more than one problem here.

jmstekguy

Established Member
btw this car made great power and ran a great number for what it was, eventually motor was hurt in one hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread