I'm going to buy a PS3. what shooting game to get

03DOHC

Established Member
that will keep me entertained for a while? Should I get Call of Duty or Metal Gear Solid 4 or something else?

TIA

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Metal Gear Solid 4 should keep you busy for awhile. Epic game play there!
Also, Infamous is just plain awesome.

You can't go wrong with a CoD title. I'm a little burnt out on the WW2 themed ones but, they are always a blast to play through. I think modern warfare should be a purchase in your future though!

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I haven't play COD, but I got MGS with my PS3 -- sure there is shooting in it, but I'd say it's more of a stealth game. The point of the game for the most part is NOT to get into a firefight. Sneaking around, avoid confrontation, silent kills, etc.

It is very cool, but if you're looking for a balls-out, shoot everything that moves game, Metal Gear Solid isn't it.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
yes COD...my NVG package is already pre-ordered. Can't f'in wait
Brothers in arms "highway to hell" isn't a bad game. Its also WWII based.
Just got done playing Wolfenstein, it's not bad...little different than a normal FPS.
Metal Gear is alright, but as mentioned...it's a stealth type of game. I got bored with the loading and the over the top plot/cut scenes.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Buy Modern Warfare used and then preorder Modern Warfare 2. My friend just bought a Slim last night and it's pretty cool! So much smaller and lighter than my 60G.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
The new batman game is awesome... its a deffinate must buy. I have been playing it for the past few days and its one of my favorite games ever for PS3

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
All good games mentioned but you did ask for a shooter and nothing tops COD4. It being the best selling game ever sort of settles that, lol. There's a game coming out in Nov also called MAG. It's an FPS that mimics COD as much as possible but in all honesty falls very short. Doesn't mean it's bad though as every FPS since has fallen short of COD, lol. The only big difference in MAG is that you can have up to 256 players in one game which is cool. I got on the beta for it and have played it 2 or 3 times and can say it will probably be worth buying but I would rent it first just to make sure you like it. The beta isn't the fully polished version so there are a lot of faults with it, but if they fix a lot of them (which they will) it could be really fun. It's also a PS3 exclusive.

I just remembered that Best Buy is still having their buy 1 get the 2nd half off on all PS3 games. My friend bought NFS Undercover which is pretty cool and then got COD4 for $39.99 so not a bad deal. Gamestop's used games are usually in perfect condition so there's no going wrong there either as I got LittleBigPlanet the day it came out used for $40. Not sure who would would turn a game back in the day it came out but it didn't even look played and I scored on it.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
But your 60gig owns that punk ass slim. :beer:

The Slim was the best thing Sony could have done though. At Best Buy there were only two left on the shelves so it seems people are buying them and when Christmas rolls around it ahould be the hot selling console since everyone already has the others. More sales means more content which is much needed! Activision was ready to drop Sony content if they didn't come out with a cheaper console. That would have been the death of the PS3 because that means no COD.

It's just crazy how they got all of that into such a small package. My friend declined the $40 2 year warranty from Best Buy and the first thing he did when he opened the box was drop the console about 2 feet to the floor, doh! Thing hit like a rock with no rattles and started up just fine. We'll see how it lasts, lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread