Imagine a Hellcat that can corner, a GT350 with 124 more horsepower, and an M4 with great steering.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i enjoy driving a stick in certain situations. on the track or open highway. in traffic? it sucks. my stick car is the weekend toy and the DD has shiftable auto, though i never use it.
dsg gives you best of both worlds.

earl lee

Established Member
Manuals have the places as well as auto's. If its a performance car and it offers a manual or auto option, ill always choose the manual. Performance vehicles to me are ones I enjoy on the street on back roads, since I dont live in a track an auto/dct while faster takes away from the driving experience. I dont even care for the rev matching features that newer manuals come with to be honest but they are welcome since they can be turned off.

Anyway im enjoying the time of the manual as get this, only 10% of Americans drive one now anyway so they are slowly leaving our country. If you live in Europe you're fine as manuals over there are like 40+ percent.

Also to the the earlier people saying autos are always the fastest on the track, tell that to the Gen 5 ACR Viper that hangs with auto super/hyper cars.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Or tell it to the GT350R that beat the GTR around Laguna Seca.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Those are nice examples. But not true/fair examples of what I mean. You can't compair 2 different cars and introduce twisties to get the results I'm talking about. Variations in overall performance specs of the cars, combined with variations in driver skill, skews the results.

I'm thinking more along the lines of something as follows... I took my TR3650 out of my race car and replaced it with a 5R55s, made no other changes whatsoever, and dropped my 1/4 drag time by a shade more than 3/10's of a second. Same driver, same car, same racks in the same 5 day time period.

Don't get me wrong. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 5 and stick cars since I was 15. I absolutely love driving a stick. Its way more fun, sporty, and involed, imho. But apples to apples, same car, straight line acceleration, auto will be quicker. That's all I'm saying.

Users who are viewing this thread