import tuning vs sct tuning

cobra916

Established Member
i just bought a 350z for some track fun with my friends.. started looking into how they tune these cars ... with the uprev software for these cars you can data log everything we can plus get a/f ratio from the 02s... how is this done? what is the catch? i know with sct you can get bank 1 and bank 2 readings but we still need a wideband.. how do you guys think this works? does it seem like a good way to get a email tune? any help would be appreciated

watman02

Established Member
the 350z could have factory wideban o2s from the factory just like the coyote.
they don't use the factory narrow ban o2s because the wideban is more accurate and narrow ban o2s only look for stoich so the farther u drift from it the less accurate they get.

cobra916

Established Member
the 350z could have factory wideban o2s from the factory just like the coyote.
they don't use the factory narrow ban o2s because the wideban is more accurate and narrow ban o2s only look for stoich so the farther u drift from it the less accurate they get.

thanks for the reply.. so when a coyote is tuned does the tuner use the factory wide ban 02s?

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
^ alot of the time yes. I used to have a mazdaspeed3 that I tuned myself with the Cobb AP and tuning suite. The car had a oem front wideband and I used that to tune with.

Users who are viewing this thread