Impractical V8 daily driver suggestions needed

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
105k, no.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

If your paint is still good and the title is clean, 8 would be fair for your car. But what I think is fair and what the market depicts doesn't always sync up, which is why I have two of these cars now.

That’s nothing on that platform, shit former ppv cars get turned into taxis at that mileage and go forever.

166k miles and counting on this, need to get a newer photo with the projector headlights

DSC_8764-X3.jpg

Hell, even better, I have a friend with a trilogy marauder that he picked up with IIRC 50k miles, the car is now over 200k miles on the factory engine w/ boost.

nxhappy

Established Member
audi and bmw money pits WTF are you thinking LOL ...let's talk American !

foxbody, SN cobra, Mach1, WS6, LS1 Camaro, maybe even pre smog muscle

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
What about a Lincoln LS/LSE? It's a good looking car, not very big, and not very common. It would make a nice sleeper.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I had an LS with a V8 and it was a PITA it was too complicated, something was always wrong, so I traded it for a magnum RT. Good car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
uhhhhh did he say it had to be "luxurious" ???

Well sir, I'm not a big time fancy city lawyer, but I reckon it was implied somewhere around these parts

getting a luxury v8 daily driver.

and here

So what are your suggestions? Still want leather, navi, xm, etc.

and going off of what he's been shopping for

Have been looking at marauders, B7 audi s4, bmw 545i, jeep srt8 etc.

I don't think he's looking to DD a clapped out fox body or F body.

What about a Lincoln LS/LSE? It's a good looking car, not very big, and not very common. It would make a nice sleeper.

A friend of mine just picked up an 06 with under 100k miles for 1500 bucks. LS V8 fully loaded except for nav. They're neat cars but I agree with the others that these are generally problematic, IIRC they like to eat COP's.

06-09 charger srt8 would be my choice

These are real cheap and I could be wrong, but I don't think they have the snapping valve spring @ 150k mile issue like the 5.7's did. If you can live with the awful interior quality it would be worth looking into. Seats are comfortable though.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
A friend of mine just picked up an 06 with under 100k miles for 1500 bucks. LS V8 fully loaded except for nav. They're neat cars but I agree with the others that these are generally problematic, IIRC they like to eat COP's.

So......it fulfills the requirement of being "impractical" and luxury. :)

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
No, wait...what are you saying?

That most likely their Jaguar V8 is a pile of crap and the cars are not worth fixing so the owners just scrap them.

They also don’t appear to be any more “luxurious” than a Camry with pleather.

Value for one is like $2,500.

I stand by my assertion of a V8 Benz.

I was playing around in a junkyard S430 (rear hit), it’s build like a tank and look new despite being a 2003.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
What about a Markviii? they are cheap, but lots of stuff around to make them go fast. All automatic though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread