Impressed by the auto after a tune!

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
I had the 12 A6 dyno tuned last weekend. Did better than i expected, put down 395hp and 384tq. Intake, tune, offroad x, and gt500 axlebacks is all thats done to the car. I couldn't really find any numbers on auto cars, tons on M6's with mild bolt ons. Is this what the auto guys are seeing with similar mods?

Here she is all cleaned up!
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

Last edited:

May93

Established Member
The automatics at the track seem to be faster then the manual s so I'd guess your horsepower is right on.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Steeda Used my car as their prototype Auto back in 2010 (2011 model).

Here is the final graph:

IMG_2251.jpg

the lower numbers were with their 'canned tune' and the second is after dyno custom tune. This is with 373 gears and 20" rims, so that hurt the numbers. I had cats and stock intake, so the numbers are pretty close to yours with the factors considered. Getting LT's on this week coming up and will post new numbers.

RC

casper gt

Established Member
your numbers are right on par with where they should be with your mods & an up to date tune.

your right about the auto numbers being hard to get though, most folks don't seem to post them.

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
Steeda Used my car as their prototype Auto back in 2010 (2011 model).

Here is the final graph:

IMG_2251.jpg

the lower numbers were with their 'canned tune' and the second is after dyno custom tune. This is with 373 gears and 20" rims, so that hurt the numbers. I had cats and stock intake, so the numbers are pretty close to yours with the factors considered. Getting LT's on this week coming up and will post new numbers.

RC

See the dip in your graph around 3800? Mine had this as well and my tuner and i couldn't really come up with an answer to really what was happening. The only thing we could come up with is something to do with the converter causing it. We tried for about an hour to flaten it out and we made it a little better but it still showed up. Anyone have ideas. I'll see if i can get my graph form him to post up.

cuzracecar

Established Member
I think the majority of people just get the canned e mail tune slap it in and go. Because of this most people don't have a dyno sheet from a custom tune to even post up, isn't technology great lol

DIB5.0

Established Member
Seems like you had a very accurate dyno. Seen some with same mods over 400 but these are very generous dynos.

texican

Established Member
'13 auto with o/r x, pypes catback and BAMA performance tune made 394/391 in mine. Ran 8.07 in the 1/8th on street tires.

Users who are viewing this thread