Improved GT Walbro Pump Install

mnetwork

Established Member
About to install a "GT" fuel pump kit that I purchased from D'Agostino Racing. The kit actually came with the improved Walbro f10000302 pumps. I will be installing these in the stock hat and wondering how people are hooking up the connectors. The connection on the OEM GT pumps were on the pump, but these have delphi connectors.

I am also wondering if I need to modify fuel pump voltage tables before taking the 50+ mile drive to the tuner. If so, where can I find this table?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
You generally have to drill a hole through the stock fuel hat and add a couple wires. The OEM wiring was barely adequate for the stock pumps and don't handle the higher current of bigger pumps well. You end up with voltage drops and lower than expected performance from your new pumps. You then need to find a way to seal the newly drilled hole with a fuel resistant adhesive.

For electrical you need to use fuel proof connectors. Whether its the kind you solder and crimp or plug in etc. is up to you.

You can see why people just opt for a Fore fuel hat. Much cleaner and easier setup and much less likely to give problems down the road.

Fuel pump voltage tables do need adjustment on a returnless car but that requires tuning software and knowledge. Likely you can start the car and drive it easy out of boost to your tuner. The ECU will make adjustments and re-learn the fuel pump voltage table so it will get better after some driving.

Users who are viewing this thread