In car: 03 Cobra 1/4 Mile, whats wrong with it??

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
As you can hear at the top of 2nd and 3rd gear it sounds like it hits a "cutoff" or something, even though im only at 6,000 rpms and have a few hundred more rpms in the powerband before it hits the cutoff, anyone know why its doing this? I JUST changed the plugs, NGK-TR6's gapped to .032

Mods: 2.76 upper, mail order tune, intake, exhaust

[youtube_browser]86ZGuoaPfw0[/youtube_browser]

stvdman

Established Member
Running out of MAF?

I am no tuner, its just after I switched to a 2.80 upper, id hit a "wall" that feels like a rev limiter, tuner stated I was "running out of MAF". Although I hit that about 600-800 rpm higher.

Just a guess

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Have you datalogged your tune and sent it back to the tuner?

I did but BAMA said there wasnt much they could adjust on it for whatever reason, and when I tried downloading the new tune I had some error from my Xcal 3 so I said eff it. I DO know that im damn near pegging my MAF (stock maf) and my pumps are about maxed as well, would that be why its sounding that way? Wasnt doing it the last few months just started all the sudden

SBVERT03

Established Member
I had this exact same thing happen when i put on my 2.76 pulley last summer. I also got a handheld from kurgan with a tune for my mods when I did the pulley swap. The car would just cut out at around 5800-6000 in 2nd and 3rd gears. I just told him the problem and we tried some different tunes and he was able to fix it. Can't remember what exactly the problem was, but i didnt have to buy a bap or upgrade my MAF or anything.

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
I had this exact same thing happen when i put on my 2.76 pulley last summer. I also got a handheld from kurgan with a tune for my mods when I did the pulley swap. The car would just cut out at around 5800-6000 in 2nd and 3rd gears. I just told him the problem and we tried some different tunes and he was able to fix it. Can't remember what exactly the problem was, but i didnt have to buy a bap or upgrade my MAF or anything.

Ah okay well thats good to know someone thats had a the same exact problem and was able to resolve it. I think once I get that bigger MAF and fuel pumps on as well as a retune that will solve it :banana:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I think you may be out of pump or maf Playa. If its the pumps it could be going lean at the time of the hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread