In the home stretch now (Pics)

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
So did you use photo shop on your signature? Because the mirrors are already red in the sig, and were red when you first posted? A can of SEM trim black paint will fix those mirrors.

stangbear427

Established Member
:bowdown: black interior

It does look fantastic. That's the very hood I'm looking at for mine. If you don't mind my asking, what's the brand and how'd it work out for you? I've always used cervinis, but I've come across some pretty anal people who've been happy with others, and cervinis thinks I should happily sell my left nut to afford a stupid hood. My last one was over $700 by the time I had it, and it just seems like BS to me. It was nice, but not that nice.
While I'm giving a parts survey, how about those headlights? We seem to have similar taste, I'm thinking about those as well. Any complaints?

CobraCraig

Established Member
cobr96 said:
So did you use photo shop on your signature? Because the mirrors are already red in the sig, and were red when you first posted? A can of SEM trim black paint will fix those mirrors.

Yep, photoshopped the mirrors just to give me an idea of what it would look like.

CobraCraig

Established Member
stangbear427 said:
:bowdown: black interior

It does look fantastic. That's the very hood I'm looking at for mine. If you don't mind my asking, what's the brand and how'd it work out for you? I've always used cervinis, but I've come across some pretty anal people who've been happy with others, and cervinis thinks I should happily sell my left nut to afford a stupid hood. My last one was over $700 by the time I had it, and it just seems like BS to me. It was nice, but not that nice.
While I'm giving a parts survey, how about those headlights? We seem to have similar taste, I'm thinking about those as well. Any complaints?

The hood is Cervini and of course I love the quality. The prices are high, but you get what you pay for I guess. I bought these headlights because it was the most complete kit I could find. Brackets, bulbs, housings, seals and it has a day time running feature. I haven't hooked up that part yet, not sure if I will or not.

CobraCraig

Established Member
buddha93 said:
F'ing sweet. I wish my paint looked that good. Of course then I'd have to be even more careful around it. What did you end up doing to the motor?

Motor is a fresh 306 with full Trickflow H,C,I kit from Summit. Pulleys, Long Tubes, Mass Air, TB all the standard bolt-ons. It put down a respectable 297 RWHP & 351 RWTQ on a Mustang dyno in 108 degree weather. Not a lot of HP compared to a lot of cars now a days, but it will get out of its own way.

CobraCraig

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I dont see the snakes on the fenders...........

I need to put them on, since the paint I havent had time to mess with it. Will post pics after this weekend. :pepper:

CobraCraig

Established Member
stangbear427 said:
So no install issues with the headlights? Good fit/finish/adjustment and stuff?

No install issues whatsoever. They went in perfectly. Turns out the old brackets were cracked also, so good thing this set came with new ones. Very happy with them.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
carguy19 said:
Everyone has their own preferences, most people like the look of the painted mirrors and cowl. With a red or teal car it looks likeford just forgot some parts when they painted the car.

I agree that everyone has their own preferences, but to say MOST people like body colored mirrors on foxes is a pretty bold statement and I disagree with it.

If the mirrors were a 2 part design or not completely attached up against the black window molding I would say it could possibly look good but that is not the case. Fox mirrors are essentially part of the window trim and if the mirrors were painted body color the window molding would not complete its natural line. It would look incomplete. Not to mention the black breaks up the color a little bit.

racerbox77

Established Member
I say if your car isnt black then paint them. Thats what Saleen did. But I absolutly hate it when people paint the trim. YUK!

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Looks real good craig. Just wanted to tell you I really like your project!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
racerbox77 said:
I say if your car isnt black then paint them. Thats what Saleen did. But I absolutly hate it when people paint the trim. YUK!

Really? I have never seen painted mirrors on a fox saleen

CobraCraig

Established Member
I don't know whose car this is but it is a 93 Cobra that has painted mirrors and I think it is very clean.

TealCobrawithSaleenwheels2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread