In the market for a Mach 1

hilo

Established Member
Going to look at a yellow 03 Mach 1 on Wednesday. I previously owned a 2001 Cobra until about 60k miles and sold it. Anything in particular on these vehicles to look for when shopping used?

The one I am looking at currently has 55k miles on it, asking price of 16,900. Seems a tad high though. From the pictures it looks in good condition. The interior, especially the driver's seat looks like it has minimal wear. Anything I need to listen for or pay special attention to while test driving?

Any information would be appreciated.

Also

Last edited:

glittle75

Established Member
Listen for head tick, and any other noise really.
16.9k is real high.
I bought mine 18 months ago for $1k more and it had 17k miles and a Kenne Bell on it allready. If you have 17k to spend, start looking at cobras 03-04

Tommy Z

Established Member
I'd pay extra attention to how easily it's shifting into 2nd, 3rd, and reverse. Also how 'tight' the rear end is. At 60K, these things weren't too good on my car. Good luck.

sdg97232

Established Member
Almost 17 grand is a joke thats terminator territory if they dont come way down off that number walk away. If they do check the driver side head (between the head and intake) for a blue stripe, and also the 1st to 2nd shift. I wouldnt pay a penny over 13 for a MINT mach with 55k on the clock.....hell i paid 7800 for my second mach with 81k.

machshaun

Established Member
i payed 15k for my 04 mach with 30k miles in perfect condition, seems really high in price, the transmissions are weak in them. id check the first two gears and reverse

clc44

Established Member
I paid 13k for mine in 2010 and it had 51K on it in great shape. I say 12k MAX!!! Unless it has tasteful mods.

TRMach1

Established Member
Yeah seems too high, I paid 13800 for mine this April with 33k miles in perfect conditions absolutely flawless you just have to make them bring the price down. Yes head tick is the one thing, just make sure it's not there I've heard that it can be quite annoying other than that just your basic stuff no oil leaks or whatever you know. You won't regret buying her, I love mine and I hate to say it but I have put 6k miles on mine already since April :(. Bought it with 33k now its at 39k :( I dd mine to school and it's 60 mile trip to school then 60 miles back home.

Users who are viewing this thread