In the market for a new regular cab F150

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I have yet to see a new 2015 F-150 in the regular cab configuration at all the Ford dealers around here. I priced one to my liking through the Ford website and the XLT reg cab with the 5.oH comes out to around 33.5k.

Now I quickly glanced at the curb weights listed on the ford website and the regular cab equipped with the 5.0 comes in at 4200 lbs. Not sure how accurate those numbers are as they list a Tremor at 5100 lbs for a 4x2 :read: on other sites. They also increased the power output of the 5.0 this year and the ecoboost remained the same. Now we can have a tremor replacement with a v8 rumble:pepper: .

I am going to take a look at the single cab Sierras as well. They are the same price and I think they look sharp. Anyone with '15 Ford care to chime in?

What's with the slow f150 rollout?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I actually had the same idea but I decided to go the ST route.

My plan was an optioned up RC F150 with the 5.0 in 4x4.

The F150 is all aluminum now so that would be a better toy truck than the GM.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
There isn't a '15 model year Tremor. The '14 reg. cab model year is about 500 pounds heavier than the '15 IIRC depending on options. Did you equip the '15 to the same level as the tremor? Not entirely sure where the other 400 pounds came from.

Ford retooled one of the plants making the F-150, the second plant is still being retooled and hasn't made any F-150s yet which isn't helping any.

kg2000GT

Established Member
I have a 2012 F150 reg cab short box 5.0 and I would suggest just buying a crew cab. A reg cab sounds fun but I miss my mustangs all the time and with a reg cab you have no room for your stuff in the cab, like work boots, coveralls etc, you can never have passengers, its just a hassle.
But its your money, buy what you want!

Mackey

Established Member
I have a 2012 F150 reg cab short box 5.0 and I would suggest just buying a crew cab. A reg cab sounds fun but I miss my mustangs all the time and with a reg cab you have no room for your stuff in the cab, like work boots, coveralls etc, you can never have passengers, its just a hassle.
But its your money, buy what you want!

I don't have a '15 F150, but have the last body style.

I agree with you KG. Why a regular cab? Unless you are using it for work a regular cab is extremely small. I'd at least look at a Extended Cab if you go with the F150.

Also if you can get it... I personally prefer the Ecoboost over the 5.0 V8 and I have always followed the notions of the more liters the better. Make sure you drive them both and see how you like them. The Ecoboost has a ton more torque down low and that is what won me over. The v8 did sound nice though. :fm:

Mycobrahatesyou

Established Member
The regular cab is a great choice. Check out the Ram r/t for another good option. The ones around me are taking 8k off and sell for around 29k new.

I don't like the enormous 4 door trucks most people have these days.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
The regular cab is a great choice. Check out the Ram r/t for another good option. The ones around me are taking 8k off and sell for around 29k new.

I don't like the enormous 4 door trucks most people have these days.

Me either. Yeah they're practical and all but I would get a regular or extended cab if I was in the market.
Riddla have you test driven anything yet?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually had the same idea but I decided to go the ST route.

My plan was an optioned up RC F150 with the 5.0 in 4x4.

The F150 is all aluminum now so that would be a better toy truck than the GM.

I literally did the same thing. I optioned out a 2014 and a 2015 F150 5.0 RCSB 2WD truck with the 3.55 E-locker and every available option(including carpet!). Then i went and started to test drive the hot hatches(Abarth, FiST, FoST, GTI, WRX) and fell in love with the Fiesta ST. Ended up telling myself ill buy a pickup once the ST is paid off.

If the new RCSB 5.0 F150 tips the scales at 4200lbs, a blower and some basic bolt ons would put you deep in the 11's if you can get around the axle wrap issues.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
4200lbs!!

Wow. Less than a hellcat. lol :pepper:

Finally saw a 15 on the road, looks good. I have to say the 15 models in general look better in person than in photos.

10fore

Established Member
Looking on the locater for F1E's there doesn't appear to be any that are on dealer lots. They all show plant status. Based on the invoice on one I looked at, I would say they will hit the lots within the month.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I have a CC '15 long box (impulse buy, didn't order it) and I love the truck. It's FX4 with the $6500 package on it (forgot the name). Mine is at 7600ft so you gotta have the EB. Weighs in at 5700lbs with me and my kids inside. Auto-lamps are awesome. Puddle lamps are awesome. Sport mode with EB is awesome. Extended Range fuel tank is super awesome. LED headlights are awesome. Amount of storage/cubbys is awesome. Two 110v outlets is awesome.

It's a great ride.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have a CC '15 long box (impulse buy, didn't order it) and I love the truck. It's FX4 with the $6500 package on it (forgot the name). Mine is at 7600ft so you gotta have the EB. Weighs in at 5700lbs with me and my kids inside. Auto-lamps are awesome. Puddle lamps are awesome. Sport mode with EB is awesome. Extended Range fuel tank is super awesome. LED headlights are awesome. Amount of storage/cubbys is awesome. Two 110v outlets is awesome.

It's a great ride.

Sounds like you like it. I'd love new one, but nothing wrong with my 04.

Users who are viewing this thread