****ing Irrate... VENT

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
I'm literally about to murder my dad. If you knew me personally you would know I am not kidding either.

Long story short -- House remodel -- 75k Saved by me free of charge to help my parents...

Laid what would equate to about 18k worth of hardwood (thus far)....

Floor has been down for 6 days! 6 ****ING DAYS....

He decides to let all the dogs out at once -- 1 boxer, 1 english bully and 1 boston terrier....

My boston (In the basement) hears the dogs upstairs. Wants to go up and play. Dad FAILED (like everything he seems to do) to put my dog back in his kennel and put the dog (baby) gate to block anyone from go up or down.

My dog runs upstairs. Dogs apparently have a dispute and have a HUGE ****ing fight directly on the new 18k worth of hardwood floor....

80 lb boxer running and fighting, 2 bostons running and fighting, and a english bully thinking WTF....

Literally in 6 days 18k of woodfloor is destroyed. The only way it can be saved is to sand it down (it's pre-engineered by thomasville/walnut). Which means once sanded will have to be restained, which means any of the remaining floor I have still to lay (700 sq. feet) will not match in color.

I spent in the course of 2 days, equalling over 26 hours to lay this floor. I destroyed my finger with a sledge, I did this FREE of charge...

And his dumbass mother****ing carefree neglectful self destroys it in 6 days...

I wish he would ****ing move out. My mom and I are absolutely convinced she will never be allowed to have anything nice in her lifetime solely because of him. He is the type of person that if you **** with his personal possessions you are dead, but he will destroy anything and everything else and not give a ****....

I was at work, and he blamed it ON ME!!!! I was 35 ****ing miles away...

Ya, i'm gonna probably murder him tonight... See ya on the news.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Rip up a piece of the floor and shove it up his asshole. Then beat him to death with his dog.

Irony at it's finest.

Evan5469

Established Member
If you do have to sand and restain it all, you might as well lay the last 700 feet and then do the sanding and staining. At least then it will all match.

I'll catch the rest on CNN.

canibus

Established Member
If you do have to sand and restain it all, you might as well lay the last 700 feet and then do the sanding and staining. At least then it will all match.

I'll catch the rest on CNN.

+1, it's not the end of the world. it can be saved, it's just going to take some work. Besides, with that many dogs that floor was getting destroyed regardless. Those dog nails are a mother.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Option A: Rip the floors up and leave it as is and tell him to pick up the pieces of his dumbass mistake
Option B: Fix it and move on
Option C: Kill him :shrug:

Personally, I'd go with option A.

Common

Established Member
Option D- butter the bathroom floor and tell him there is a massive flood, hurry and check it out.

Option E- butter the said new wood floors tonight, right in front of his room, wait until he goes to sleep, go outside the back of the house, come to the front door and start banging on it and screaming "FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!!!! everybody get out"//////.....

Enjoy and dont forget to record it.

TexRob

Established Member
So Tommy,is this you're house or you're Parents?If it's you're parents house let your dad take care of his ****up,either way it sucks,good luck.

ssssnake

Established Member
...I wish he would ****ing move out. My mom and I are absolutely convinced she will never be allowed to have anything nice in her lifetime solely because of him...

LOL That's funny. I feel that way sometimes about my son and his family living in MY house.

+1, it's not the end of the world. it can be saved, it's just going to take some work. Besides, with that many dogs that floor was getting destroyed regardless. Those dog nails are a mother.

+2

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
So Tommy,is this you're house or you're Parents?If it's you're parents house let your dad take care of his ****up,either way it sucks,good luck.

He never would that is the thing. This was a gift from me to my mom because it was her dream, she has waited 15 years for a remodel and I gave it to her. He blames everything on everyone else, so it's not his problem, it's mine or my moms.

The dogs were going to be garaged and move over travertine into the backyard and be no where near the hardwood. We are still doing finishing touches and the dogs were kenneled upstairs and my mom and i would take them one by one to go to the bathroom and play etc. My dad just plain doesn't care and will do nothing beyond the bare minimum with anything unless it's his guns (600 dollar grips, I mean wtf) or his 38 guitars or 60 grand knife collection.

Looked at it again a couple minutes back, the only way to save the existing floor is to sand and restain. I would have to lay the rest of the 700 sq. feet and then do over 1500 feet of resanding and staining. Obviously i'd hire it done, as I would want it perfect. Thing is, it didn't need to be done, and could have been 100% prevented. That's what makes me so mad.

And my opinion of my father is earned by his actions and lack there of when it comes to other peoples possessions and property. He didn't do the work, he didn't pay for it, he didn't put the time into it so he has nothing to loose when he ****s it up. Well possibly his marriage. I would not doubt if my mom filed for divorce, she's beyond fed up as well.

Mustanger

Established Member
Dang my two Labs walk only on the Hardwood floors & in 15 years not one scratch! They get pretty excited & really go to town when the neighbors cat comes up on the porch too. I cringe when I heard their nails sliding on the wood... In my new house the prefinished hardwood is even tougher than the old house stained hardwood was?? I never had a problem, amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread