Inguinal Hernia? - Longer Read

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
But if you wait a few days and then do it, the feeling is indescribable. No lie. Also, your bowels will be messed up for a few days but once you take that first dump post-op, you'd swear to God that there is no better time in your life.

I'm not going to lie, that was kinda ghey.

Edit: Now I see a selfie almost down to the genitals. Jesus.

Intervention302

Established Member
So you didn’t man-scape for them?
I had it clean as always, they apparently wanted it baby clean lol

They told me they needed to use a catheter when I was sleeping so I would be sore from that too

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Intervention302

Established Member
Surgery update... Longer read, because homebound for 5 days gets boring.

The surgery was supposed to be done all arthroscopic, but the surgeon needed to go open surgery for some reason, hence the long cut down below and the aborted cut up top.

Day 1- Wake up, very little pain for what it was, maybe 2-3. Was able to shakily hobble at the surgical center. Able make it home and get to bed. Getting into bed hurt the most. Wound was pink

Most interesting thing, right before being wheeled into the surgical room they gave me Fentanyl through my IV. The drug obviously has a pretty dirty name. Doctor said it numbs the body allowing the anesthesiologist to give less sleepy gas. The Fentanyl kicked hard, definitely was not a pleasant surprise. Made cough a couple of times. Obviously felt loopy a bit after

DAY 2. Pain up to 4-5, but manageable. Didn't do much. Sharp pain getting into and out of bed that hurt damn good, but tolerable.

Day 2.5-3. Hot damn, when I woke up from my nap the wound hurt like a son of a gun. It felt hot and got noticably more red. Getting out of bed nearly doubled me over. Absolutely the worst pain of my 3 surgeries. Wasn't able to walk more than a handful of steps without stopping and just catching my breath. Pain 8. Hurt like this for a day and a half.

Called the doctor and the nurse told me as long as no fever (95.8 was my temp) to basically send it haha.

Day 4. Wake up, stayed in bed for a while, sort of needing to mentally pysch myself ready for the hurt. But, I felt great. Sore, but a very manageable pain level getting into and out of bed. Stairs and general activities much much easier. So I'm hoping the worst is over!

Wound color getting closer to the pink color.

I don't know what happened with day 2-3 for pain, but it was laughing at the meds I was giving it.

I am thankful my body didn't somehow reject the mesh and or get an infection. I thought for sure something bad had happened.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I took Darvocet for a few days after my surgery. After that I stayed on a regular program of Aleve and Advil for the swelling. Not to be a wise ass but did you take a dump yet? I think I went almost a week before doing so. Wasn't eating or moving around much and with the invasiveness of the surgery my system got out of whack.

Zemedici

Established Member
Good deal buddy - it’ll get better. Be careful and don’t overdo it, a little bit each day.

I got my stitches removed this past week and am now in an air boot, to start my physical therapy in 3 1/2 weeks.

Keep us updated, bro.

Intervention302

Established Member
I took Darvocet for a few days after my surgery. After that I stayed on a regular program of Aleve and Advil for the swelling. Not to be a wise ass but did you take a dump yet? I think I went almost a week before doing so. Wasn't eating or moving around much and with the invasiveness of the surgery my system got out of whack.
On the 3 or 4th day.

Had to take metamucil and some prune juice for the action to happen
Good deal buddy - it’ll get better. Be careful and don’t overdo it, a little bit each day.

I got my stitches removed this past week and am now in an air boot, to start my physical therapy in 3 1/2 weeks.

Keep us updated, bro.
No stiches for me it looks like. All surgical glue.

It can be scary doing some reading about all the mesh failures. I haven't met with my surgeon yet (this coming Tuesday), but I definitely have some questions

Zemedici

Established Member
On the 3 or 4th day.

Had to take metamucil and some prune juice for the action to happenNo stiches for me it looks like. All surgical glue.

It can be scary doing some reading about all the mesh failures. I haven't met with my surgeon yet (this coming Tuesday), but I definitely have some questions

The strong meds will clog you up, cannot believe they gave you Fentanyl, that’s strong shit. O.O

Intervention302

Established Member
The strong meds will clog you up, cannot believe they gave you Fentanyl, that’s strong shit. O.O
You telling me bro.

I'm a straight shooter with drugs and have zero experience.

That shit kicked hard. Was not pleasant

I guess they gave me another small dose when I woke up from the gas

Intervention302

Established Member
Current pic. I feel my stomach normally isn't this swollen (fat lol)

Guess it's too much rum
e515336f024dd47df580576f87693c73.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
Damn dude, gnarly scars. Hope you heal up quick

I woke up having a reaction to the anesthesia, my whole body convulsing. Had 4 blankets on me with the long hot air tube to warm me up, took 10 minutes to stop shaking.

Fun stuff.

Cannot imagine what Fentanyl woulda done to me....

Intervention302

Established Member

I woke up having a reaction to the anesthesia, my whole body convulsing. Had 4 blankets on me with the long hot air tube to warm me up, took 10 minutes to stop shaking.

Fun stuff.

They told me, and I quote... " was ROWDY and was trying to escape the bed" when I woke from my gas.

I remember absolutely ZERO of this.

Crazy what happens man

VegasMichael

Established Member
Those are some long scars. My three are less than two inches and barely noticeable. Not that I had any plans on being a swimsuit model or anything.

VegasMichael

Established Member

Fun stuff.

My same exact reaction to the anesthesia. I woke up convulsing/trembling/shaking and asked the nurse if this was normal and she said no. I was like: Thanks for the comforting words. :)

Intervention302

Established Member
My same exact reaction to the anesthesia. I woke up convulsing/trembling/shaking and asked the nurse if this was normal and she said no. I was like: Thanks for the comforting words. :)
Nothing negative with your procedure since?

VegasMichael

Established Member
Nothing. My surgery was back in 1993. I had mentioned earlier that I was impatient and tried to go back to full exercise routines way too early. Thus it took about a year or so to completely heal. I see lawyer commercials about class action suits involving meshes but I've had no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread