Inlet screen ideas/links for Procharger F-1A?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Well there is definitely no room for a filter on my F-1A setup since I'm using the House of Boost Renegade bracket setup. I have about 1.75" of clearance between the blower and radiator core support so my only choice is to run a screen for at least some protection. The only company I can find is Turbo-Guard but they say their screens need a 1" lip to grab onto. The F-1As only have about 3/4". Any other ideas besides making my own from Home Depot mesh screen?

Blackedout

Established Member
Procharger offers a “race screen”.... their mushroom filter was a big restriction...

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Both their bellmouth screen and mushroom filter won’t fit due to my fan and rad support. There is only about 1.5” clearance in front of blower inlet and no clearance beneath it due to the fan. My only option is some sort of screen across the inlet mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
4fc40ba2a7f1f9de18f04e76a601650f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Is it the stock radiator? Maybe time to get a custom radiator or try to inset it further in the support? I had to run a custom radiator for clearance.. Ditched my AC though.

decipha

Established Member
can u cut out the rad support in front the radiator and condensor and put them both on a bit of a gangsta lean? Might be a viable option to give you additional clearance if you arent opposed to modifying the supports and front end

just a thought

Helomech74

Established Member
I used a cobra head inlet coupler with a custom made pipe and sandwiched it in between the radiator support. It fit with decently well, but did sacrifice some flow.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Is it the stock radiator? Maybe time to get a custom radiator or try to inset it further in the support? I had to run a custom radiator for clearance.. Ditched my AC though.

can u cut out the rad support in front the radiator and condensor and put them both on a bit of a gangsta lean? Might be a viable option to give you additional clearance if you arent opposed to modifying the supports and front end

just a thought

Yep stock radiator, fan, and ac condenser (street car in Houston, keeping AC). I have everything tilted forward as far as I could get them while keeping AC, gave me almost two inches of extra clearance. I had to chop up the upper fan shroud a bit to make the blower clear. What is a good source for custom radiators?

I used a cobra head inlet coupler with a custom made pipe and sandwiched it in between the radiator support. It fit with decently well, but did sacrifice some flow.

Got a part number or link to that coupler? I wonder if I can make it fit.

Helomech74

Established Member
Just google "Cobra Head Inlet Coupler" Should come up with a few options from hard rubber to silicone. I also had my radiator set forward into the core support as well, but I think the coupler would have worked without doing that.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Just google "Cobra Head Inlet Coupler" Should come up with a few options from hard rubber to silicone. I also had my radiator set forward into the core support as well, but I think the coupler would have worked without doing that.

Thanks man, that may actually work, just not sure if it will clear under my hood. DO88 makes a great low-profile cobra head intake but they're in Sweden haha.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I would love to get that bellmouth but it won't fit with my House of Boost bracket, the blower inlet is 2" from the radiator support and just barely above the radiator itself.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Make your own with a clamp and window screen

That's the plan right now, I would like to get one of the Turbo Guard pieces but not sure if it will fit on the 3/4" F-1A inlet flange.

EDIT: Just to close the loop on this thread in case anyone else is researching it, I ended up with a Turbo Guard MAXX screen filter. It fits just fine on the 3/4" Procharger flange. I tried a home-built screen made out of a kitchen strainer first but it flexed way too much and would contact the impeller.

L3-D-UTGToiGKiso5A9ldg.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread