Innovative DB install help

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
After wiring my DB wideband gauge and LC1 up, my gauge is completely lit up. It is displaying the Innovative logo and the air/fuel text, along with 7.4 I didn't connect the yellow wire from the LC1 or the yellow wire from the gauge to anything. I just taped them off. I also When I hit the push button, it blew the fuse in my add a fuse. The LED does not light up either. I don't even have the LC1 plugged into the sensor yet. Anyone have any idea were I should look first?

Wired it like this:

LC1

black-power
blue-ground
white-ground
yellow- taped off
red-power
brown-white(gauge

gauge

white-brown(LC1)
yellow- taped off
black-ground
red-power

push button/led

black from push button-black on LED------connected these to ground
Red from LED- other black from push button-----connected this to the rest of the 12 volt power of gauge and LC1

I used a terminal strip grounded directly to the engine block so my ground should be fine. I had to screw up the wiring above. Surely someone can straighten this out.

DSC02026.jpg

Last edited:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
every thing is correct except the switch/led (your grounding is correct but)
your red wire from led and the other black from the push button needs splice to the black calibration wire of the LC-1.

Also i heard on the gauge part the yellow wire needs to be grounded instead of taped up (yellow on gauge) not the yellow on the lc-1 the yellow on the lc-1 needs to be taped.

Other than that its looks good to go, Other than doing the heater calibration and free air test. If you havent done that already.

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
every thing is correct except the switch/led (your grounding is correct but)
your red wire from led and the other black from the push button needs splice to the black calibration wire of the LC-1.

Also i heard on the gauge part the yellow wire needs to be grounded instead of taped up (yellow on gauge) not the yellow on the lc-1 the yellow on the lc-1 needs to be taped.

Other than that its looks good to go, Other than doing the heater calibration and free air test. If you havent done that already.

I'll ground the yellow wire from the gauge. I have the red wire from LED w/ other black wire from push button with the power already. Do I need to join it with the black calibration wire before hooking it up to power source? I have all 3 of them going to power now? Or did I hook those up wrong?

Last edited:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I'll ground the yellow wire from the gauge. I have the red wire from LED w/ other black wire from push button with the power already. Do I need to join it with the black calibration wire before hooking it up to power source? I have all 3 of them going to power now? Or did I hook those up wrong?

those wires need to go to the calibration wire only and not to a power wire

ZeroSVT

Established Member

I think u may have burnt the unit. Did u check for voltage at the red and white wires?

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
Do these things not come with detailed directions?

They not too bad of directions once you figure out your grounds. The wiring of the push button threw me for a loop. For the life of me, I have no idea what made me put it to the 12v power. Also, there are 2 different wire set ups for the LC1...a 6 wire set up and a 7 wire set up. They also change the color of one of the wires right in the middle of the directions on my 6 wire LC1. Wasn't a big deal. Looks like I'm buying a whole new Wideband kit.:cuss: They want $145 for a new LC1. The whole kit was $185 shipped.

this is what they send to you for the gauge. It's the LC1 and push button that are tricky. I'm a pictures kind of guy. I like to see pics of the actual wires and install, not schematics. That's why I subscribe to all the write- ups people do on here. They are usually better than the original directions.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/DB_manual.pdf

LC1 directions/manual

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-1_Manual.pdf

I was thinking the same as i was reading the posts.I can`t help OP,I have a DJWBC.

Thanks anyway. :beer: It's been an expensive lesson so far.

Last edited:

ZeroSVT

Established Member
not yet. What should they be at?

12 Volts. This is the power going to the unit. If you have power going to the unit and it isnt powering on. It could be a bad unit. Do you own a laptop with serial port? U can plug your laptop into the LC1 unit and see if its doing anything givin you have 12 volts going to the unit.

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
12 Volts. This is the power going to the unit. If you have power going to the unit and it isnt powering on. It could be a bad unit. Do you own a laptop with serial port? U can plug your laptop into the LC1 unit and see if its doing anything givin you have 12 volts going to the unit.

Ok, I'll do this next. I have a lap top but don't have a serial port. I think there is some kind of adapter I can get.

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member

Ok, I got 12.34 when I put my volt meter on the red wire of the LC1 and the White ground.

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
im thinking mabey having those wires for the led/pushbutton hooked to a power may of burned up the unit. Not sure if its the gauge or the lc-1. send it in to innovative its under warantee

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
the only thing wrong with the instructions they send say connect the purple wire on the gauge to a ground if you do not wish to utilize the dim feature. But it is a yellow wire. I went to their web site and it is fixed and now says Yellow wire.

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
im thinking mabey having those wires for the led/pushbutton hooked to a power may of burned up the unit. Not sure if its the gauge or the lc-1. send it in to innovative its under warantee

I just got an email from them saying to send it back. They gave me a rma number but they want proof of when I purchased it. Not sure how I'm going to do that. I'll just send them the gauge and LC1.

Users who are viewing this thread