Input needed on front aero help, Terminator

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
(after catching up with some badly needed reading)
Ahhh.... light weight reliable push rod power FTW!
I still love that tiny little sweet heart of an engine! Eight 4" bores in such a tiny light weight stout package. A very reasonable deck height and room to swing a fairly generous arm. Current head designs have come a VERY long way!
Almost a fifty year old design(two years away) and yet still POTENT as HELL!
I still miss my first car, 64 Fairlane 289 K code sport coupe,(couldn't afford a Mustang back in 68 baggin groceries) man that little engine would sing!

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Jimmy:

The party I bought the car from has a Tiger Racing (I believe) C/F hood and I may buy it from him if and when we can get together and agree on a price. ;-)

I tried to do this car within a certain budget. Although I got very close, it didn't happen. It went over-budget! Imagine that!

Well since then, the rev limitation issue I had has been corrected. Car will rev to 8k now if needed. It was built to turn 8,500. I'll rev limit it to 7,400 though.

We ripped out the Kenny Brown front suspension and replaced it with an Agent 47 SLA. So along with the new rear wing, by all calculations, this car should be rockin' the turns. :dancenana:

willing to part with the Kenny Brown front suspension? what all do you have?
especially interested in K-Member and A-Arms to run with my KW Coilovers

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
(after catching up with some badly needed reading)
Ahhh.... light weight reliable push rod power FTW!
I still love that tiny little sweet heart of an engine! Eight 4" bores in such a tiny light weight stout package. A very reasonable deck height and room to swing a fairly generous arm. Current head designs have come a VERY long way!
I still miss my first car, 64 Fairlane 289 K code sport coupe,(couldn't afford a Mustang back in 68 baggin groceries) man that little engine would sing!

Jimmy:

My first ride ('66 Ford Custom 4 door) had a 289 in it. Man that thing sang! :-D

willing to part with the Kenny Brown front suspension? what all do you have?
especially interested in K-Member and A-Arms to run with my KW Coilovers

The KB stuff has been sold. The K-member had no motor mounts on it and the chrome LCA's were pretty rusty. I hated that suspension! Consider yourself fortunate you don't have it! ;-)

I may have a set of like new KW Variant front coil overs with an extra set of springs for sale though! :idea:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
This one is on a race car and it's pretty beat up. It's also surprisingly high to me as far as the splitter lip. :dw:

From what I've seen, the rubber/plastic 'chin' comes off of the 03/04 Bumpers to fit this and the Chicane 23 splitter, which leaves them somewhat high off the ground for a track car.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
The KB stuff has been sold. The K-member had no motor mounts on it and the chrome LCA's were pretty rusty. I hated that suspension! Consider yourself fortunate you don't have it! ;-)

I may have a set of like new KW Variant front coil overs with an extra set of springs for sale though! :idea:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ok, that's great info, always thought since Kenny Brown and KW apparently build this setup, it would work well. I do have the KW coilovers Variant 3 front and back, just looking to buy K-Member and A-Arms... wish I could afford the A47 SLA!

although, shoot me a price on those coilovers, never hurts to have spares... are they front or rears?

:beer:

racebronco2

Established Member

Jimmy:

My first ride ('66 Ford Custom 4 door) had a 289 in it. Man that thing sang! :-D

My first car (12 years old at the time in 1973) me and my dad bought 1/2 and 1/2. It was a 64 ford fairlane sports coupe, 289 special and a factory 4 speed. My dad could shift it like no other, i still remember when he shifted from first to second, the front of the dif (the leaf springs would twist that much ) would bang the floor. My best teenage years were in that car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info on the wheels. man you have alot of time and money invested into this race car.. Awesome job I must say, and going pushrod was a great move.. When this motor goes in my car that's going to be my next build it a 408W stroker with a blower. or a 427W motor NA.. Great work man :thumbsup:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My first car (12 years old at the time in 1973) me and my dad bought 1/2 and 1/2. It was a 64 ford fairlane sports coupe, 289 special and a factory 4 speed. My dad could shift it like no other, i still remember when he shifted from first to second, the front of the dif (the leaf springs would twist that much ) would bang the floor. My best teenage years were in that car.

WOW!:bowdown: We had the same first cars!
No wonder we think so much alike! (J/K)
My car had 4.10s in it and I actually beat a 350 Honda motorcycle in drag race once. I later found out in shop class that my engine had been blown up and changed out because it turned out to be a hydraulic lifter engine in a K code car.:nonono:

New cars have gotten so awesome I need to drive something else that is better than what I have or else I will not know what they are starting to handle and feel like.

Though I have driven a Modded Ford GT(740+RWHP) it was not at an open track event.
It scared me.

chicane23

Established Member
There is a new nose and fenders out from Tiger Racing.

S_New%20Nose-FG.jpg

S_GS-nose-FG.jpg

S_GS-nose-FG2.jpg

This new setup is extremely nice and fits like a glove.

All 3 pieces under $1200

BlackStripes

Established Member

All 3 pieces under $1200

Very nice! Question, I'd assume that the fenders and nose for $1200 are the fiberglass, right? Do you know the weight? What's the price for the CF versions now?

thanks!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

S_New%20Nose-FG.jpg

S_GS-nose-FG.jpg

S_GS-nose-FG2.jpg

All 3 pieces under $1200

HOLY CRAP!! John welcome to SVTP! I've been a big fan for a while now. how is the business with this crumby down turn? Miss seeing you and Wayne going at it.
I hear Joe Johnson got his 14" Brakes from you. When I have priced things before you were always VERY competitive.
You probably don't remember me from TWS, but I was hanging out that night talking with you guys at the College Station Texas Hotel- Manor Inn College Station, smoking cigars and BSing. The Manor House isn't named after Wayne is it?:-D:p
I'm the Intermediate driver, slow Mystichrome coupe #23.

KILRSVT

Established Member
Any aero for 03 04 cobras out if this thread ?? I love the way the spoiler/ diffuser looks on post # 23 I could use some out here although Maier is pretty much next to my house I like the way that looks . Its looks fairly simple as well beautiful car by the way Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread