Inside Car Cover. What are people using?

03SVTscott

Established Member
I have a cover I use, but looking for a better one. I know a lot of people like the California Car Covers...but which one? Cover will only be used in doors to keep dust off (never outside).

mrose75

Established Member
I have the bargain brand from Wal-Mart that I use in the garage. I would like to find a good quality one for my DD to use outdoors, but we have weather extreme here in KS. 90+ in the summers and snow/ice in the winter. Not ideal for car covers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Subin not to sound cheap but is a California car cover needed for indoor to keep dust off compared to other brands jw.

Last edited:

big dad

Established Member
Dustop from CCCover. I have them for both of my Mustangs. Depending on where you live and the envoirnment vehicles can and do get dusty even in a closed garage.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member

The Form Fit is the nicest, most plush cover I've ever had. I bought one for the 04 and the 93:

14662d9e96b76045cfc6a37786596f88_zpsca114c3b.jpg

62005250a03633088e522da6e76ecc4e_zpsf9d6d335.jpg

bigmoose

Established Member
Dustop here. I like it, no complaints. If you go CCC pay the $5 to have their logo removed, its huge.

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
I don't remember the brand, but I have the one that Late Model Restoration offers on their website that I have on my garaged Cobra, and their cover on my Lightning which is parked outside. They have both been on for 6 months during my current deployment so I will see how well each one (inside vs. outside) held up when I get home soon.

oldmodman

Established Member
Tan Flannel.

And once it's on the car I put a sheet of six mil plastic over the car on top of the car cover.

I have had the cover for ten years and it's still is like new and still clean.

Never put a cover on a dirty car.

M240Bravo

Established Member
I got all my cars covered with cal car covers. All of them are the same, the dust cover indoor ones. Love them other then they put a huge ugly ad on the front now.

IMG_1395_zps3bb023d8.gif

Snake Plissken

Established Member
CCC here, bought it in the summer of 01 when I bought my new Bullitt. Sold the Bullitt kept the cover and picked-up the Cobra. Cover is still in great shape. The only "problem" I find is it likes to slide all when your putting the cover on after a fresh wax job; I can live with that...

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a california superweave cover. Just in case it needs to sit outside sometime.

I havent used it yet, as I need to wash the car before putting it on, and aint nobody got time for that!

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I have a California dust cover, and it looks like I'm the only one that cut a hole for the antenna. I got tired of removing it every time I was done driving it.

6A8B080F-381C-4284-B043-246B942EDE52_zpsvludf8od.jpg

bigmoose

Established Member
I accidentally ripped my CCC outdoor cover. About a 1 foot tear. They fixed it for free. I just paid shipping to them. Excellent customer service.

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
I was looking into washing my CCC this spring, does anyone know if it's ok to just throw in the washing machine with little soap and hang dry it?

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Since this thread is about car covers, does anybody know a good outside car cover? I live in NM and the wind is constantly blowing my cover off. Its really annoying. I don't want to put bungee straps on it because it might rub my paint from the constant flapping in the wind. Any suggestions?

...also ive tried velcro strips but they don't stick real well to the cloth cover.

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Since this thread is about car covers, does anybody know a good outside car cover? I live in NM and the wind is constantly blowing my cover off. Its really annoying. I don't want to put bungee straps on it because it might rub my paint from the constant flapping in the wind. Any suggestions?

...also ive tried velcro strips but they don't stick real well to the cloth cover.

Check out autoanything.com they have a few that have good reviews and look like a snug fit

Users who are viewing this thread