Inside National Parts Depot's Massive Private Car Collection | 200+ Cars Under One 9 Acre Roof

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Inside National Parts Depot's Massive Private Car Collection | 200+ Cars Under One 9 Acre Roof

NPD_Nov22_051.jpg

There’re a few places on Earth that simply must be seen to be believed. The Grand Canyon, The Hoover Dam, and The Great Pyramids come to mind. But for car guys, the personal car collection of the owners of National Parts Depot may just top that list. On a recent trip to FL we swung by their Ocala location (NPD’s main HQ), and they gave us free reign to check out the collection. So over the course of a full day we shot six videos chronicling the entire collection that was currently present.

I mention the current residents of the Ocala collection because what you’re about to see is not the total collection. The NPD crew move certain members of the collection around the US to NPD’s three other warehouse locations. So you can stop by your local NPD warehouse and see a rotating percentage of this collection for yourself. However, the main collection is private and therefore not open to the public. That makes this invitation all the more special.

Over the next few weeks we’re going to releasing pics and videos coving the entire collection in this thread. So if you don’t want to miss out on any of the content be sure to Watch this thread and subscribe to the SVTPerformance YouTube Channel. Now on with the show:

This week we’re going to kick things off in Mustang Alley.

NPD_Nov22_044.jpg
NPD_Nov22_062.jpg
NPD_Nov22_076.jpg
NPD_Nov22_082.jpg
NPD_Nov22_106.jpg
NPD_Nov22_114.jpg
NPD_Nov22_116.jpg
NPD_Nov22_124.jpg
NPD_Nov22_138.jpg

-SID297

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That's just sick. Do they all have tags on them? I would assume they have a team to keep these in running condition.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Reminds me of the Lemay car collection. Not the one in Tacoma. The original one, and his home. 8 or 9 out buildings 2 story's. Fender to fender. And a few plane hangers in the back 40 that looked like this.

So many cars, grandpa and I were actually wore out of looking at cars. What they have there at NPD is amazing. Thanks for the tour.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's just sick. Do they all have tags on them? I would assume they have a team to keep these in running condition.

There's one guy whose full time job is caring for the collection. You'll see in another vid they have a full shop in the building to take care of everything.

Wow that’s a stout line up! Love the green 67/68 Coupe with the hubcaps. I’m a sucker for low options haha

That's def a nice one.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We're on to Part II of our tour of NPD's massive car collection. In this video (and series of pics in no particular order) you'll start to get a feeling for the types of vehicles the owner of the collection likes. There's a lot of Lincolns in the warehouse, including some very early ones. Seeing a Late-20s or Early-30s sitting next to a Ford of the same era really shows the difference in craftsmanship and materials used on the luxury brands for the time. Wood, steel, leather, and chrome were not spared in their construction. I'm a particular fan of the flathead V-12s found in a couple Lincolns below. I'd really like to get to play with one of those a little bit more.

As we get farther down the row we'll start running into a slew of Thunderbirds, one of which has a very interesting engine option. You'll also see three of my favorite cars in the entire collection; a 50s Crown Victoria, a modded Boss 429 Mustang, and an absolutely crazy Mercury Demo Car that is equipped with more than every option that was available at the time. Let me know if you guys see any particular cars you'd like us to take a closer look at in the future.

NPD_Nov22_298.jpg

NPD_Nov22_146.jpg
NPD_Nov22_154.jpg
NPD_Nov22_161.jpg
NPD_Nov22_163.jpg
NPD_Nov22_190.jpg
NPD_Nov22_203.jpg
NPD_Nov22_205.jpg
NPD_Nov22_627.jpg
NPD_Nov22_635.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is pure Ford gear head heaven! What an unbelievable collection. You were VERY fortunate to get that invite to spend the day there taking pics and videos. I would easily get lost there, and love it!

Is that indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor? A poly aspartic coating would be awesome, albeit expensive for that large a building.

Users who are viewing this thread