Insight Into Weight Control

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Thought this was pretty good talk on how your body regulates food intake.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ok, so hormones rule our bodies. I'm not overweight, but what do we take from this as to next action?

I thought the insight into the mechanics of why it so extraordinarily hard for overweight people to lose weight was interesting.

AssPikle

Established Member
It is. So that's my question, what is the solution? Everything I've seen is burn more than you take in. Based on this, that's not so easy, so what should these folks do? I used to know a guy that was 6' 3" and built like a steam roller. Strong as an ox, and I would not consider overweight. But, he never would make weight in the service. He had to eat chicken and green beans for weeks prior to weigh ins just to stay in the service. I wonder how he could "lose fat or weight" to be considered in weight.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
It is. So that's my question, what is the solution? Everything I've seen is burn more than you take in. Based on this, that's not so easy, so what should these folks do? I used to know a guy that was 6' 3" and built like a steam roller. Strong as an ox, and I would not consider overweight. But, he never would make weight in the service. He had to eat chicken and green beans for weeks prior to weigh ins just to stay in the service. I wonder how he could "lose fat or weight" to be considered in weight.

I suggest checking out the Mindpump podcast. They are very educated and continually providing very useful info.

Users who are viewing this thread