Installed O/R H pipe, car's way too loud now.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Check out JBA. I think they're a little louder than the GT500s with a similar tone and price point, and the tips/mufflers themselves look way better

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Our Street Catback 15593 sounds like it would work well for you! It uses our oval mufflers that control volume more effectively than the circular bullet-style units, and creates a nice deep tone.

For a more budget route, you can always have a custom rear section made with a pair of our universal mufflers and tips.

vortecd

Established Member
Have you tried the stock mufflers? I run them and have no cats.

Jvibe92

Established Member
I just put a set of kooks axlebacks for sale because they weren't loud enough for me lol

I too run an offroad h

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
LOL, I thought I was the only person on svtperformance with that setup.

I ran longtubes, catted x, borla OTA, and stock mufflers. Put them on because the roush mufflers were too raspy. Stock mufflers were really quiet so we got the gt500's. Then heard a car on youtube with the magnaflow catback and it had a better tone and just a whole better exhaust note IMO. Got that and haven't looked back.

t660

Established Member
I ran longtubes, catted x, borla OTA, and stock mufflers. Put them on because the roush mufflers were too raspy. Stock mufflers were really quiet so we got the gt500's. Then heard a car on youtube with the magnaflow catback and it had a better tone and just a whole better exhaust note IMO. Got that and haven't looked back.

Yeah I just installed the GT500s, not impressed. They have a decent tone down low but WOT leaves a bit to be desired. I suppose I'll try to trade them locally.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Funny the different replies you will get. It's all a matter of personal opinion and preference really. I go to work at 7am in a quiet neighborhood and nobody has ever complained about my gt500s ORX and resonator deletes but it's way raspier cold than warm. I just ease out plus I have an auto so I don't have to rev it to get going. I love my set up. No annoying drone at 80 but you can hear it. At 65 you barely hear it. When you want it is there but nothing crazy at all but IMO sound super mean (gurgly/race carish) under WOT and next to dividing walls. That's the best. Pypes ORX. No resonators and gt500s

t660

Established Member
Funny the different replies you will get. It's all a matter of personal opinion and preference really. I go to work at 7am in a quiet neighborhood and nobody has ever complained about my gt500s ORX and resonator deletes but it's way raspier cold than warm. I just ease out plus I have an auto so I don't have to rev it to get going. I love my set up. No annoying drone at 80 but you can hear it. At 65 you barely hear it. When you want it is there but nothing crazy at all but IMO sound super mean (gurgly/race carish) under WOT and next to dividing walls. That's the best. Pypes ORX. No resonators and gt500s

You're right. I've also come to realize that it's impossible to tell how a setup is going to sound from sound clips. Cameras do a terrible job of recording loud noises. I made a clip of my o/r h pipe and muffler delete so people wouldn't make the same mistake I did. It actually sounded really good on camera, whereas in person it's loud and has no sound quality to it.

The GT500s are starting to grow on me though. I can use Bluetooth, hear myself think, and I don't wake up the dead when I have to go to work at 0500. But they'll still let you know it's a 5.0 when you hammer down.

clc44

Established Member
[video]https://youtu.be/3fCBRuidGic[/video]

This is my car with long tubes, off road X pipe, JPC ota pipes and gt500 quads. I just added Magnaflow resonators and it cleaned up the cold start and part throttle sound. It's almost perfect! Not sure what I would want other than maybe a little less volume, but it's almost perfect. I would love some better looking quad tips, but they axle backs are not worth the money.

choate

Established Member
I love that engine lugging sound of mine right at 2k RPMs. And no way I would add resonators back to mine. And fwiw to who's reading I wish mine was a little louder even w the res deletes. To each their own

clc44

Established Member
I love that engine lugging sound of mine right at 2k RPMs. And no way I would add resonators back to mine. And fwiw to who's reading I wish mine was a little louder even w the res deletes. To each their own

I agree, it's all relative to the person. I want mine quiet, when I want it to be and also loud when I want it to be. It's a process finding the desired combination. Long tubes are a no brainer for sound alone. It gives a very aggressive tone.

ZackS21

Established Member
Well if anyone wants to hear an 11 with a Roush SC, magnaflow pipes w/ lethal O/R h-pipe, let me know.

Feels like that will help someone at some point.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Another vote for the O/R H with GT500s setup. Love love love it!

WingZero

Hey I was reading your post and i was thinking about doing an O/R H. I already have the borla over axle pipes with the flowmater american thunder mufflers. My question is did you notice a real power difference with the O/R H pipe vs stock?

choate

Established Member
^I know you weren't asking me but yes you will notice. Good for roughly 15whp. Keep that stock mid. U will likely need it for emissions down the road

Users who are viewing this thread